TOP 1000 REVIEWERVINE VOICEon 7 July 2015
I spent quite a while debating over which of the numerous iPad holders on offer would be the most suitable for my needs. Eventually I settled on the Aukey because it seemed to fulfil my list of criteria.

First of all, the good points about this iPad holder:

1) It is well made and uses quality materials.

2) The clamp is very robust and has protective padding on the inside of its jaws which ensure that there is no damage to the surface upon which you are clamping your holder.

3) Once securely clamped to a work surface the goose neck, which is of flexible metal construction, provides plenty of possibilities for positioning your iPad and there is no tendency for any 'droop' once in position.

4) This holder has a metal extension tube for the goose neck. This can be very useful, depending on where you choose to mount your holder.

5) Inserting the iPad into, or taking it out of, the plastic holder requires little effort so there is no risk of marking or dropping the iPad whilst executing either procedure.

6) The plastic holder is also easy to rotate and angle by slackening the plastic collar on its ball joint. Once in position and the collar has been re-tightened the holder is firmly locked in that position.

And then there are the points which I personally found to be somewhat disappointing in its design (I appreciate that my needs may differ to other peoples and so the following issues may not be of concern to you):

1) The actual mount for the iPad is a flexible piece of plastic that clips over the tablet. Having an iPad Air 2 I fitted the small adhesive backed foam pad (supplied) to take up the extra depth but found through trial and error that my iPad actually fitted better without it (its a little loose but at least the clips actually hold the tablet).

2) The clamp works best on square profile desk tops. If you have a bevel edged top the clamp needs to be pushed in the full depth of its 'throat' otherwise there is a tendency for the jaws to spread as the clamp is tightened which results in either an insecure grip or, possibly, the clamp not being able to grip and falling off.

3) I felt that the clamp was somewhat excessive in size for clamping onto an iMac stand. In my set-up my iMac is positioned with the stand against a wall to give maximum desktop space, attaching the iPad holder to the stand necessitated pulling my iMac well clear of the wall thus taking up valuable desk top space (one of my reasons for buying the holder was to help free up this space).

As I say in my title, I was initially a bit disappointed with my purchase and it didn't meet my particular needs which I had in mind for it. However, it is a quality item which will suit many peoples needs perfectly and in a market place with many similar products I do feel that this one is good value for money.
|11 Comment|Report abuse
on 14 September 2015
Works great if you're not planning to adjust the position much! I ended up attaching this to the frame of my bed because I'm, well, lazy.

As per all the other reviews it feels solid, the build quality seems ok, and my ipad (air 2) feels really secure, BUT after only two or three times of pushing it away and pulling it back when getting in and out of bed the joint to the clamp works loose and allows it to rock back and forth +/-10 degrees or so.

This was solved by unscrewing the rod/goose neck and tightening the bolt that is inside the angled joint to the clamp with an Allen-key. I also tried completely loosening the bolt and it didn't make the joint any looser which gives me the confidence that even if it somehow came completely loose through use it wouldn't put the iPad at any risk, but it's not ideal.

I think the problem I'm having is partly due to the angle that I'm using it at, and the level of use its getting, but I would like to not have to fix it myself every couple of weeks. Having said that, if I had just attached it at my desk as I intended (when I had convinced myself I was buying this for work) I probably wouldn't have run in to this issue.
|11 Comment|Report abuse
on 5 July 2014
well, i wasn't tbh expecting too much when i ordered this, especially for just £18.... but wow, this thing is very well made, comes in a nice box with closed cell foam protecting everything inside.
The holder for your iPad is like a hard plastic (which makes sense so it doesn't scratch your iPad) but the arm its self is made of steel or something, its really heavy and got a nice this nice it will never break feel to it... its nice and solid when moving the arm and stays where ever you place it at what ever angle, also as a nice little touch it comes with these cool cable clips so you can run your charge/sync cable up the arm to your iPad...really nice i thought. the clap on the bottom also opens really far so it can clamp on to most surfaces and it has these rubber protection pads lining the inside too.
Fantastic bit of kit couldn't recommend this enough to you guys!
One person found this helpful
VINE VOICEon 16 June 2015
Once you get the hang of it, this is a useful device. I suffer from insomnia and have it clamped to my bed so I can read my iPad Air hands-free. The single flexible arm has a ball-and-socket joint at one end, allowing the iPad to revolve in a perpendicular direction and also turn laterally through about 270 degrees. The arm swivels at the other end and can be mounted horizontally or vertically. The iPad clips into the bracket. Some people may struggle as it's quite heavy, and initially needs a lot of adjustment to get the optimum angle. The arm and clamp are metal, so very robust. It's fairly short (55cm) and I think it could do with an extra arm to give it longer reach and greater versatility. Though of course this would add even more weight. As I use it all the time I mustn't grumble too much.
on 1 October 2015
I really needed my ipad at a more comfortable reading height as I suffered from neck ache when it was on my lap. I found this on Amazon and decided to buy. I was very impressed with the Stand as it fits my table and bed easily, thought has gone into the design and build quality.
It was packed very well in an expensive looking box. The stand is very stable and its built to last which is rare nowadays. It holds my ipad with no problem and have no fear of it dropping, the clamp does not mark the table as it has good padding. I wish I had got this a long time ago as using the ipad is now a whole new difference and I no longer have neck problems.
on 5 May 2015
Originally bought for bed usage but this is dependent on the bed frame so it's possible it will be fine first off or it will need some 'splinting' round the clamp. Without a solid fix, the mount does tend to fall over (sideways).

I've now used it to attach to my desk as another screen for control of media devices.

Can be charged in situ which means that it doesn't need to be removed. Mount can be moved into any position and be used in vertical and horizontal positions.
on 11 November 2015
These stands (I've bought 3) are really good quality. I've bought them to hold iPads for animation workshops and they are superbly sturdy. Couldn't be happier with the purchase and recommend them far and wide. They won't clamp to a couple of our chunkier work tables but I just find an average thickness or skinnier one and we're away!
on 14 April 2017
The thick, rather inflexible neck is attached to the iPad holder by four tiny plastic clips. They soon broke rendering the product useless.
on 12 January 2015
I love to paint. I saw contestants of 'portrait painter of the year' 2014 final using something like this. I searched the Internet and found this. Worth every penny and one of the best things I have ever bought. I am quite old but found it easy to put together. Use it every day, it is also better than looking down at my tablet as I don't get neck ache.
on 18 September 2015
This is a great item ,I've had one for a couple of months and use it every day having it clamped to my worktop in the kitchen.My iPad feels very secure and I can push it out of the way when not in use.I had a problem with one of the fittings,and got in touch with the company and they were really helpful and resolved the problem very quickly to my complete satisfaction,very happy with my purchase.