on 27 June 2014
I love a good Middle Eastern mystery, thriller book. This is certainly a good read and I found it hard to put down at times but I also found it quite confusing at times.

It centres on Elijah - an expert on ancient script and documents connected to the Jewish way of life. He is approached by an aging American and asked to decipher clues hidden within 7 nearly identical scrolls. He is paid in amounts of money he has never seen before and jumps at the chance. Little did Elijah know that although having the skills and expertise to decipher the scrolls, he did not have the skills or expertise to deal with the international mystery and murder that went with it.

The story features very heavily on the history of Jerusalem and although very interesting, it did at times confuse me somewhat and a lot of it I didn't find relevant to the story. However that could have been me not understanding it correctly.

It's not a classic but still a good read.
on 2 July 2014
Not as good as I thought it would be.