Format: MP3 Download|Change
Price:£7.99

VINE VOICEon 14 April 2014
I was dreaming of the past, longing for something lost - a little melancony - saudade...
And then I listened to this - reminiscent of Joao Gilberto, Antonio Carlos Jobim in their classic years - cool, relaxed, genuine bossa.
Some of the vocals evocative, delivered with the innocence and allure of Astrud Gilberto.
But this ain't no steal - theft from those halcyon years, it is a comtemporary take of the genre.
In 'Saudade' - Thievery Corporation have captured the very essence and nuance of authentic bossa nova.
They have made yesterday's music real for today.
on 7 April 2014
Thievery corporation has always been on my play list, i own many of their albums. This album is different to their previous releases, the album is quite chilled out and the album is based on the claassic bossa nova style music which i also incidental enjoy, it is a welcome change to there normal up tempo style.
on 18 May 2014
The corporation never fail to disappoint. Having grown up on Getz and Gilberto this album satisfies the soul, relaxes, hits the emotional centres and sends you to the safe,chilled, golden beaches of Rio. So......Good......
TOP 500 REVIEWERon 31 May 2014
I love this, it's like taking a wonderful journey across the chic parts of the sunny Mediterranean in a fabulous open top luxury sports car. Here you have sparkling, yet soothing sophisticated sounds sung in French and English. I had never heard of this group and came across this on Amazon. I just love it and can't stop playing it.
on 14 June 2014
I have followed Thievery through the thick and thin and have always liked their work (for the most part). This is though slightly different from their previous releases, as they have turned to the real essence of the Brazilian music but with a touch of contemporary treatment.

You will find some airy tunes (Claridad is my best) and more upbeat ones (e.g. Para Siempre) which sound totally genuine both in terms of their Brazilian origin but also from the production qualities of the Thievery folks.

I have fully assimilated this album and it is among my favourites from the duo as well as a very pleasant summer soundtrack. Fully recommended.
on 23 May 2014
I have not heard it all as it was a present.My partner says it it really terrific and he has most of the other albums.It was delivered very quickly considering fro the USA and arrived after about 8 days.
on 21 January 2016
Simply hypnotic, wonderful and sexy.
on 7 May 2014
As a thievery fan I got this as soon as it came out. I was a bit disappointed as I've liked all the previous CDs. However I thought all the songs sounded pretty much the same with no tracks that stand out . I've played it a few times and it's not got any better so I'd have a listen before you buy it.
on 9 February 2015
Brilliant - would recommend as great listening for summer or to evoke summer and chilled out days.
on 23 October 2014
I bought this on vinyl . Unplayable because the grooves had been pressed onto the disc off centre/ eccentrically, causing the music to rise a fall in tone each revolution of the disc. Same with the replacement disc. Rather pathetic standard of manufacture. I shall also send this review to the record label.