on 18 September 2014
Having bought the original album of Alexander C.Campbell i bought this as a gift for a friend, such is the quality of his music...
The ambeince i create at home due to this gentle work, is truly sublime.. One of my favourite albums...
on 18 June 2016
I actually obtained both of these CD's Portraits of Earth and Ten sketches of Light when i saw Alexander live in Glasgow and what an experience it was!. The depth of emotion he has in his playing is incredible. Had a chat with him afterwards and he signed both my CD's to me and my wife and my friends. Sketches of light is his first album and is an emotional and beautiful piece of work and Alexander's playing has a resemblance of Ludovico Einaudi about it. Highly recommend both of his CD's as well as live in concert its an experience you will not forget
on 11 July 2014
This Edition is the same as Chapman Campbell's first recording,'10 Sketches of Light' (which I reviewed) but with an additional two tracks. I would expect that anyone who enjoys solo piano would love this album. I am left with the impression that the composer, who's playing his own pieces, does not 'play to the audience' but gives a consistent performance which is both meaningful and unselfconscious. The listener is left with a sense that Chapman Campbell genuinely cares for delicacy of emotion - varyingly gentle or powerful. Responses to music are always subjective, but I cannot imagine a listener coming away from hearing this album, as I have done many times, without feeling better for the experience. I wouldn't hesitate to give it 5 stars.
on 15 September 2014
I like all the songs on the album but there is one that stands above the rest, Light Through The Day, track 3. Alexander Chapman Campbell is very talented and this is a good album but I think his best may be yet to come. Alexander has shown he has the ability to write wonderful melodies.
on 19 May 2014
After hearing this artist on Classic FM I was so looking forward to hearing the whole CD, so pre-ordered it. It is beautifully and creatively presented, with Alexander's own art work adding an original dimension to the album. The music speaks for itself; it is clearly heart-felt and inspired. It is full of beautiful melodies, emotion, care and a unique essence that is difficult to describe.
on 13 January 2016
After a short period of time,the cd has developed a fault.I will try and contact the manufuacturer with a view to getting a refund.I am outwith the 30 day period for returning the item.Disappointed as the music itself is lovely.
11 comment|Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 22 June 2014
This is the major label release of last years album with two new pieces added. Decca and Mr Campbell have excelled themselves in producing such a tasteful inspirational work. If the jarring sounds of the current world set you on edge then buy this gifted composers first album and let the flowing piano of Mr Campbell stimulate and heal your soul and body. We can only look forward to more from this 5 star talented artist over the next years.
on 20 May 2014
This music is extraordinary in its sensitivity and feeling and I love the original artwork. Genius at work here and I think this music will affect many people and their lives. Fantastic.
on 27 May 2015
There could be more variation in the music tracks, I overall enjoyed and very pleasant to listen to.
on 8 July 2015
Alexander is an excellent piano player - could listen to his music all day.