on 26 April 2014
The story is really quite good, but the spelling (surly instead of surely, sowing instead of sewing, etc, etc), plus the irritating insertion of question marks in the wrong places and lack of commas in others drove me mad!
on 13 April 2014
Well..what can I say?! I was hooked right from the very start with Darcy's proposal to Elizabeth. The author captivates her readers with a beautiful illustration of true love which grips the audience making it one of those novels that you just cannot put down!

The characters cover all personality types & it is easy for the reader to find someone to identify with. Roberts takes us through a series of twists & turns which makes this book engaging at every stage from attraction, heartbreak, passion & devotion.

Great work for a first-time Author ;-)
on 12 April 2015
A really did enjoy this book and found The twists and turns of Elizabeth and Mr darcys relationship gave another dimension to the original tale. Mr darcys character was further developed and you were given a better understanding of the qualities that attracted Elizabeth in the original p&p. However I gave the novel a four for the reasons below.
Firstly the amount of times that original text was used became annoying for me as I felt It was a bit lazy of the author instead of finding a way to write the parts of the original she wanted to include in her own way. Jane austens original can not be rewritten in this manner. However did not reflect so much of original text after the wedding scenes as this was when the story really changed. Also I did not enjoy wickams storyline or felt Elizabeth using fletcher as her confidant was believable especially in that era.
However I did enjoy the twist of emotion col fitzwilliam brought and how her two younger sisters were managed, the relationship she had with her aunt was also expanded on where the original only reflected this relationship briefly a stark difference to the character of Mrs Bennett who was also very closely written to the original. I would not have enjoyed the book as much if the main characters had appeared untrue to the original.
This variation is definitely worth reading, thoroughly enjoyable.
on 29 May 2016
I debated whether to give this title 4 or 5 stars because the sexual content made me somewhat uncomfortable. However, I did see it referred to a having 'spice' in a review before I downloaded it, so I didn't feel it fair to deduct a star for something I was warned about. Other than that, my only misgiving was Elizabeth discussing her intimate affairs with a servant.

This is one of the better 'forced to marry' stories and the title 'Mr Darcy's Struggle' is a very apt one, showing the dilemma he faces having forced Elizabeth into marriage yet wanting her to love him so much.
on 31 May 2015
An interesting story of Lizzy being forced to marry Mr Darcy, but rather liking the idea. There were some strands that were not developed as I would have liked - Darcy apparently never knew of Lady De Borough's visit to Lizzy - but a lot of the book could have been curtailed without harming it. So, a good book, but too many pages can be easily skipped over.
on 19 May 2014
LOVE, LOVE, LOVE this variation!! I was hooked from the beginning and really enjoyed the characters and plot. The author did an amazing job bringing familiar characters and story to life; in a fun and engaging way. Summer is around the corner and I highly recommend this for your Summer Holiday Reading List or anytime read for that matter!! Enjoy!!!
on 21 April 2014
I enjoyed this book immensely, a grand effort from the author for her first book. I hope to see more from her in the future. What more can I say!
on 9 April 2014
5 STAR!..... the best Jane Austen variation I have read, unexpected twists and turns to keep you guessing, a captivating read : )
on 2 May 2014
A very enjoyable read.I could not put it down.It held my attention right to the endThankyou for putting it on kindle
on 15 April 2014
I found this variation to be a firm contender for the original version, in that it had love unrequited, misunderstandings and even pride woven very neatly into the plot. It was well written and excellently executed. A really brilliant read. I hope the author writes more.