Format: MP3 Download|Change
Price:£2.97

Kelis Rogers is back and here we are given three tracks on promo. I must admit that I enjoy Kelis’ voice which is full of soul, as well as being sultry. These tracks here presented to us are more traditional Rhythm and Blues and are good to listen to. I will admit that my favourite on this three track EP is the first track, ‘Rumble’. The second track here does take a little while to warm up as it were, being rather slow, but stay with it as it does get a bit more powerful as it progresses. The third track is quite a gentle song.

In all whilst we are being given this quite freely it is worth while downloading. If you only like say one track on this then that is okay, as at the moment all three tracks are also being offered on promo as individual pieces.
on 5 August 2014
Excellent little EP with three tracks from Kelis's 2014 album. These were performed at the Metropolis Studios to a small audience and were then released free of charge for a little while to promote the album (which is great by the way). Couple of slighty wobbly moments in these tracks but then at least they've not edited them out in post production - they are tiny wobbles too. Three great tracks - all I've got to do now is track down the mooted vinyl release of the whole gig...
on 17 April 2014
What a lovely surprise to hear Kelis singing live. She is some one I remember but never bought anything of hers. This will change all that. I have done searches on you tube and found the studio version of Rumble and more and I really liked this album I will buy.
VINE VOICEon 30 October 2014
Kelis is an underrated musician, and this EP shows her stretching her wings a bit and indulging in some old-school soul influenced tunes.

This would be a lot more daring a move a few years ago before the massive soul boom that people like Amy Winehouse inspired, but nonetheless these are great songs, and Kelis's band are tight and textured - there are horns and keys in the group and they're clearly rehearsed down to a fault.

What a shame, then, that Kelis was either having an off-day, or isn't actually that great of a singer outside of a studio. While she is rarely actually off-key, her voice is weak and wavering throughout and she spends all three songs sounding like she needs to clear her throat. The album versions may well be much better with the aid of studio trickery, but I don't think I'll be going to see her play live any time soon.
on 12 April 2014
So so good. I've always enjoyed Kelis and the diversity of her music. I've been chomping at the bit for her new album Food for some time after hearing the first two singles and seeing various clips of live performances. These three tracks are a fantastic teaser for the album.
on 15 May 2014
I have liked Kelis' s material in the past so was looking forward to hearing this as it has been a while however it was a bit too 'floaty' for me. Preferred more of the pop/ r'nb style
on 29 June 2014
Then you'll probably like this, and as it was free it makes it even more enjoyable. A great way of trying new tracks before you commit to buying the album.
on 3 August 2014
I had to listen a few times before I began to like it. However, I would recommend listening to it a few times before making a decision.
on 31 December 2014
Her best album... Full stop. A joy to listen to again and again. This glimpse should convince anyone to buy the whole thing.
on 24 April 2014
I heard a sound clip of this EP and had to get it straight away, the sound of her voice and the backing music is wonderful.