Format: Kindle Edition|Change
Price:£3.99

on 3 August 2006
I have just finished the book and must say then ending has a twist that, if you are an avid reader of the series, will come as a pleasant shock.

This mission will take them back through time to the very beginning of the Nightside and will put them all to the test. Will they manage to stop mum from destroying the Nightside? And what happens to John if they stop her before he's even born?!

Read on in this the 5th novel of the Nightside. I'm off to read book 6 now, with an ending like that in book 5, it's the only sane thing to do!

Hope this helps

Caroline
TOP 1000 REVIEWERon 11 November 2013
It's a hard thing to review this latest book.

On the one hand it has a huge number of elements that I really hate. Time travel is always a great big no for me as I simply can't get past the unending paradoxes as well as the illogical cyclical problems that always arise. There is also the problem of the enormous amount of dubious philosophy that is thrown into this book in both the history of the world and behind the character's reasoning.

On the other hand this book is what I hoped it would be in that it moves the story along greatly. Finally we have gotten some important answers to questions like "Why was the Nightside Created?" and "What's Lillith's deal anyway?"

The truth is this was a mixed book. I kept reading it because it was revealing answers to questions I had been looking forward to knowing but at the same time not really enjoying it because those answers were being revealed in ways that were illogical, highly improbable and often uncomfortably unbelievable.

I suppose the important thing to take from it though is that there are now enough answers and truths out there to move the story forward in the next few books and start working towards moving past the discovery stage to the taking action stage of this series. It was good that the novel finished with a decision taken by the main characters to finally act on what they had learned and so I have high hopes for future novels.

All in all this was not the best in the series so far and at times I wanted to just skip this book but once finished I am left excited for more and glad I stuck with it as there were things I simply needed to know.
on 3 April 2015
A brilliant series, I like the way that this book explores the past of the Nightside a little. It's interesting to watch the way that John and Suzie have effected the past and the ways that it has been tied into previous books already (like with Tommy in the bar). I don't really feel that the question of why Lilith created the Nightside was really answered anymore than was known before the time travel, but loved the story regardless.

The series kinda feels like The Dresden Files on drugs.
on 31 December 2006
This is the first Nightside book I ever read and it made me crave the others. As a long term fan of Niel Gaiman and an affectionate fan of Bill Wilingham this felt familiar but forged it's own path. I won't give in to spoilerage but it is very much worth reading!
on 1 January 2008
An avid fan of the Nightside series, I must admit to being somewhat disappointed by this particular book. Verging on convoluted, and a difficult read compared to the previous novels, this book acts - in my opinion - more as a "bridge" to the next book than an interesting story in the life of John Taylor. Still, as other reviewers have noted: the twist at the end is worth the wait.
on 23 February 2016
Perfect and in excellent condition. Love it!
on 3 October 2015