Customer reviews

on 6 April 2014
Thirty-Six Cards is a concise introduction to the Lenormand cards which teaches through the Distance or 'Near and Far' Method of reading. Distance method is the oldest known way of reading and so this book stands out from other Lenormand books on the market, which describe the modern, combination method of reading which has developed from this earlier European method. Each card's meaning and effect is given, and there are examples and practices by which to learn. Spreads from simple lines to the Grand Tableau are described with examples and case history context. The author is a professional reader of long standing and so the reader gets the full benefit of his experience. This book is a great resource for beginners and for more experienced readers who're unfamiliar with the Distance method.
on 15 April 2014
I did not know what to expect when I downloaded to my kindle on PC. I have learned more from this book in the last week (since I bought it) than in the last several months of study from my Lenormand print books. This book makes it easier to understand the Lenormand. Andy makes the concepts easy to follow and most items are illustrated by real life readings. If you would like to learn about the Lenormand I can highly recommend this kindle book, it is well worth the price.
on 14 May 2014
This book has “Introduction” written in its title, but it is so much more than an introduction into reading this system of cards.
It thoroughly explains (and simplifies) a method of reading petit-Lenormand which has been one of difficulty to comprehend for myself in the past. After reading Andy’s book I have had that “Aha” moment and have been able to utilise the oldest method of reading via Distance.

The book has been well thought out and is extremely easy to read and navigate through. He has provided prompts for exercises, step by step instructions for different methods, and best of all, very simple instructions for the Near-Far method. The authors knowledge and experience is evident throughout. Whether you are a beginner or more advanced, every reader will gain something from this book and will be able to begin or continue their learning with confidence.

This will be one of the few books and authors I will recommend to anyone wanting to learn how to read Petit-Lenormand.
on 30 June 2014
If you want to learn how to read Lenormand then you can do no better than getting a copy of this book. The accessible writing and clear explanations make this book a must and a wonderful tool that I cannot recommend highly enough.

The author's years of experience shine through on every page and you can't go far wrong when you have such a well respected reader guiding you through your Lenormand journey
on 28 April 2014
I'm currently studying the Lenormand deck and have bought most of the Kindle books on it that are available in English. I was initially put off buying this book because of the high price and the cheap and unprofessional looking cover, but as it had two 5 star reviews, including one by Caitlin Matthews (whom I greatly admire) I thought I'd give it a go. Although I did pick up a few things from it that I haven't learned elsewhere, but I was bitterly disappointed with its content. It's badly formatted and full of grammar and spelling mistakes. It's difficult to use as a reference book on the Kindle as the table of contents does not include links to the individual cards sections. The Grand Tableau method described is confusing and difficult to follow due to the use of colour-coded card placements (useless on a black and white e-ink device) and the badly formatted paragraphs with the massive spacing in between. The blank spacing between the paragraphs is a problem throughout the book and shows that the author was more concerned about bulking the number of pages out to justify the ridiculous price. In fact the more I think about the content and the price, the more annoyed I get. To be completely honest, I feel as if I've been conned out of £16.

I advise anybody who may be considering downloading this book to save their money and buy the excellent The Essential Lenormand by Rana George, a vastly superior book that is well worth the current £8.83 asking price.