Shop now Shop now Shop now Shop now Cloud Drive Photos Shop now Learn More Learn more Handmade Shop now Learn more Shop Fire Shop Kindle Shop now Shop now Shop now

on 18 April 2014
We have been travelling to the Maldives for nearly 20 years and have always found Adrian Neville's Resorts of the Maldives to be invaluable. The latest 2014 edition is as informative as ever with stunning illustrations and gives you an excellent knowledge of each resort island. We recommend Adrian Neville to all our friends who are interested in travelling to the Maldives. His knowledge of the each resort is clear to read and very helpful.
on 7 April 2014
The Maldives is a special place and if you are thinking of booking a holiday you want to get it right and because of the endless choice this can give you a head ache. You wish you could speak to someone who would give you impartial advice about the pros and cons of each resort helping you choose what is the right one for your needs. We'll look no further As you have found that man . Adrian Neville really knows his stuff and this book will really give you the confidence to choose the right resort for you.
on 10 April 2014
We have all Adrian Neville's books and all are good of the Maldives Islands we have been to the Maldives 13 times we always read this book before we book our holiday it's been really good to read so you will know what to expect before you arrive on your island. Why if you like snorkelling would you go to a island what has poor snorkelling how would you know but by reading this book you would know what it's like before you book you will also know the size of the island, how many rooms, what the diving is like etc etc you will not be disappointed with this book. Have a nice holiday regards Edward & Eileen (London)
on 8 April 2014
My wife and I have purchased Adrian Neville's resort of the Maldives previous editions and I am pleased that this is of the same format. We have visited the Maldives six times so far and we found this extremely useful when choosing a resort. If you are thinking of going to the Maldives this is an unmissable read to find the perfect island for you. There are many islands to choose from and are all different in their own way and Adrian gives you a very good idea of what each one is like.
There are designated pages for each resort reviewed which discusses the beach, accommodation, snorkeling, food, diving, facilities etc. which compare like for like. There is also a key which also compares cost of drinks, diving courses, transfer time by boat or sea plane. What is also important it is not the resort or a travel agent giving a sales pitch but rather a truthful description by Adrian who has actually been there. I visited several other islands while on holiday there and I found his descriptions of these islands accurate.
It is expensive to go on holiday to the Maldives and this book can stop you from making a mistake. For example we really enjoy snorkeling and we nearly booked one island but after reading what Adrian said it did not have a house reef which would not suit us as we like to snorkel when we want rather than when the excursion goes twice a day.
A very good read and one we recommend.
on 21 April 2014
I have had previous editions and very happy to see this one now also available for Kindle. It is a must-read for anyone planning to go to the Maldives, especially if you've never been there before. It's an independent review of the current resort islands with lots of tips and information as well as pictures. It tells you about things such as the type of clientele/nationalities on an island (some non-Italians, for example, might not enjoy being on an all-Italian resort), the relative price, the facilities (including info about whether the villas are in blocks of several rooms, semi-detached or detached - not all travel agents provide this information), the density (e.g. whether a lot of villas have been squeezed onto a tiny island, thus making it a bit overcrowded), the island itself (does it have an unsightly sea defence wall? A big, sandy lagoon? A good house reef for snorkelling? Reasonable beach or has it eroded away?) it also gives information about the Maldives as a country, the Maldivian people and tips on what to take.
on 8 April 2014
Over the years, we have had several earlier editions of this guide. We love the impartial advice provided by the author and his simple ratings system, for instance, reef quality and island density. The author seems to understand what guests are looking for in an island and the reviews are clear, concise and informative. We also enjoy the chapter on developments at new / refurbished resorts.
As other reviewers have said, a holiday in the Maldives is pricey (think the price of a small car!). This guide will enable you to narrow down your search for your perfect island.
3 months and counting until our next trip and now looking forward to planning future trips using this guide.
on 9 April 2014
This book is invaluable if considering a Maldivian holiday? there are so many islands to choose from , this book allows you to make an educated choice of island instead of taking 'pot luck' . Adrian Neville is Mr Maldives and knows all there is to know about this amazing part of the world. we have booked our last 4 trips to the Maldives using Adrians earlier edition of the book as a reference? Once you start reading it you can't put it down. My advice have pen and paper at the ready and make a wish list of Islands you want to visit.
on 8 April 2014
I would recommend this book to anyone and I definately would not visit the Maldives without reading it first! Before I plan my Maldives holidays I always consult this book first. Adrian has visited the Maldives many times and gives clear and honest advice/reviews on each Island. He really sums up the Islands very well and my husband and I always agree with his opinions as they are spot on. This book and all Adrian's others are heavenly to read - they really make you fall in love with the Maldives and prepare you before your trip because you can easily make a mistake when booking the Maldives. Read this book and you can't go wrong.
I only wish I had Adrian's job! It must be wonderful!
on 15 April 2014
I found the guide to be exceptionally comprehensive and authoritative. The natural dispersion of the islands must make it a particular challenge, ( albeit a pleasant one! ) to demonstrate 'local knowledge'. However, that is what the Author has pulled off. His reviews are so thorough that the book ought to appeal to people with diverse interests. He has systematically classified the islands vs. various criteria. For example, our focus was to find locations with excellent snorkelling available on the House Reef negating the need to go on organised tours. We wanted to avoid the luxury 'man-made' features that many resorts major on. The book made that easy.
on 21 April 2014
We came across Adrian's first edition back in 2000 as we were leaving the Maldives. It was reassuring that his view of the Island we'd just left was the same as ours. Over the next few years we would reach for the book when planning our next trip and even contact Adrian for more information which he was pleased to provide.

This new guide just builds on the previous editions with more information and updates on all resorts new and old. Would we recommend this book? Yes without hesitation!

If you are looking for a no nonsense, definitive guide to Maldivian resorts, your search is over.