on 12 October 2016
It'll never have the pioneering reputation of Oxygene but musicallly in my opinion this is every bit as good if not better. And talking about pioneering from parts 4 onwards when it starts to groove this creates the feeling of listening to a top quality trance mix 20 years before its time with the added praise that unlike those mixes which are invariably the work of various different producers JMJ did them all himself..
on 17 April 2018
Good chill out electronica from one of the masters of the genre. Bit disappointed by the rough paper sleeves on both this and Oxygene as both records have several bad crackles. These are the only 2 records I've bought in the last few years that came in paper sleeves and the only 2 records that are crackly! I replaced the sleeves with anti stat poly liners straight away. Sound quality is very smooth in the treble, possibly lacking sparkle, but generally good.
on 17 March 2015
This music is the kind you sit in a soft lite room and drift off whilst listening to, along with Oxygene they form a pair of albums that need a certain kind of mood before playing them, best listened too with your eyes shut, trouble is they stop when you get there, but never mind eh? recomended for a sunday evening when with any luck the dinner is down, washing up done, and the dog has gone out and walked itself for a change.
Emerse yourself in a pool of sound.
on 10 June 2014
I've loved Equinoxe IV ever since my uncle made me a CD with it on, and when this new album came out, I thought I'd try the album as a whole. I've listened to it play through a few times, and it takes you on an interesting musical journey - no lyrics - just music and interesting sound effects, which seem to tell a story - though I don't claim to be clever enough to interpret Jarre's inimitable style. Give it a whirl if you like something a bit different, especially if you like electronic style music.
on 7 February 2018
Fantastic album. I originally had the tape and planned to replace it with the CD version. I'm a big fan of Jean-Michel Jarre.
on 9 January 2014
I bought this for my husband and he loves it. I personally don't like this kind of music but then it's not me that listens to it. He finds it very relaxing to listen to after a busy day at work. It helps him unwind on his way home from work.
on 6 October 2017
Great album from back in the day.
on 13 March 2018