on 18 August 2016
My favourite film of all times !!!! being a YORKSHIRE girl !!!! and live near to Sheffield makes you relate to the film and also saw at Meadowhall cinema which is where some of it was filmed !!!!! Fab acting, funny and characters brill brill brill !!!!! If you haven't seen then BUY !!!!!!
Delivery and seller prompt would recommend
7 people found this helpful
on 23 February 2017
Hilarious, yet timeless classic that can be watched again and again. Superb acting by the whole cast, especially by Robert Carlyle in particular for 'losing' his normal everyday spoken very broad Glaswegian accent for a local one suitable for the film locality. The music is great from the beginning to end and the laughs keep coming, but it does have its poignant moments too. All in all, excellent entertainment for anyone aged over 15 and well deserving of the BAFTA award it won in 1997.
4 people found this helpful
on 18 January 2017
Although I viewed this some years ago watching it again has been a joy. Rarely do I find a movie which makes one smile with amusement throughout many of the scenes. Although there are a few swear words it does not offend as so often seems to be the norm in todays movies, but are appropriate to the plot, situation and individual. The best film of this genre I have seen for ages and, most unusual for me, I look forward to viewimg again soon.
4 people found this helpful
on 25 May 2016
Just one film not to be missed . All about a group of men out of work that take on none other than
The Chippendales.. At their own game " Stripping " But with a difference by going all the way
hence the title... The Full Monty....
The build up is non stop from start to finish full of laff's all the way
A very good film that I have seen many times over the years and is still as funny now as when
I first seen it

A Five Gold Star film that you just can't miss out on it will leave you with a
wicked sense of humour

If you enjoy this film and like the music played in the film get the 2 following CD's
you will find then that you have " The Full Monty " collection worth having
" see photos "
Music to party with or just to enjoy any time...All the best
from
SATAN
review imagereview imagereview image
3 people found this helpful
on 10 June 2015
When this first came out I was in two minds, it seemed a bit close to home (recent redundancy, not far from where the film is set) but I am glad I overcame my repugnance - this is hilarious, just as reported by a wide variety of colleagues.
The film is not without a serious side, despair in particular is well covered from several angles, and though it ends on a high note the issues are only set aside for a while, they haven't gone away.
It would be rather unfair to pick out individual performances, as the whole relies on gang-feeling whether of the women or even more of the men. That said the sub-plot involving Mark Addy and his 'wife' Lesley Sharp deserves a mention as particularly moving.
Knowing exactly what is coming is no barrier to repeated enjoyment, and although this is 18 years old this year it has not dated much, well worth the modest outlay being asked.
3 people found this helpful
on 10 August 2017
This is a very affecting film about men suffering the shame of unemployment and lack of opportunity after the steel works close down. All personalities are sympathetic or humorous or both down to the small boy who gets involved in rehearsals for the stage event, I had seen the film before closer to when it came out. I admire the script and the lively Sheffield characters who provide the voices and the plot is well constructed. I saw more in the film this time round and think absolutely anybody would enjoy it.
on 27 April 2016
My favourite film of all time, always has been and it's just as good now as it was when I first saw it. If you haven't watched it, I highly recommend. The best thing about this film - I feel - is that it's real. The reactions of the people are not exaggerated, they are exactly what one would do/say in real life. A calming and timeless film that will have you smiling, I guarantee.
2 people found this helpful
on 15 April 2018
I think this is one of the funniest films made, and love the soundtrack. Bought by being spurred into action after watching the recent TV programmes regarding the Real Full Monty with Ashley Banjo and co. and the Ladies version with Coleen Nolan, and recalling the laughs I had watching the original film version with Robert Carlyle.
on 17 June 2017
This is an incredible film, and I must have seen it 100 times. I would just like to speak to the actors who turned it down because it was considered to be low budget, and just see what they say about the earnings these great actors have made since it's release from other projects.
on 6 August 2017
Great feelgood entertainment about a group of unemployed blokes who become strippers.
An Angel's Alternative