on 20 March 2013
If you are planning to use this book to self-study and take the 70-410 exam, don't.
It does not claim to be a complete preparation guide for the exam, and while several exam topics are covered, there just isn't enough of the crucial technical detail to help you prepare thoroughly.
Back to the main purpose of the book: training on installation of Windows 2012. In that regard, some of the subject matter is good and provides a reasonable standard of knowledge to prepare you for working with the software. However, again this is spoiled by the fact that there are so many mistakes and inaccuracies - in fact there are several errors in almost every chapter. Lots of important technical details are incorrect, especially in the review questions - so again don't rely on this to prepare for the exam!
on 14 August 2013
Bought this a couple of weeks ago with a plan to upgrade my 2003 MCSE to 2012. I'm only around halfway through the book so far but I'd say I'm happy with the content thus far. It's definitely not aimed at people who are new to the Windows server platform, most chapters require some prior knowledge of Powershell and Windows Server concepts. If like me you've worked with Windows server products in the past then I would recommend the book, however if you're a complete newbie then I'd look elsewhere. There are a couple of errors in the book but nothing major, if I wrote a 600 page long technical manual I'd probably make a few mistakes too....

Update: I sat the exam a couple of weeks ago (and passed) however there was a lot of detail covered in the exam that was missing from the book especially around Hyper-V.
on 19 August 2013
If you're new to Windows Server 2012 this will get you through the exam as long as you've got some hands on time with the product. Too basic for anyone with 6 months experience of the product. Not sure how relevant it will be after October 18th 2013 when Windows Server 2012 R2 will be released - only Microsoft Learning can answer that!
on 25 February 2013
Well written and covers a wide variety of important topics but not everything on the exam. Loses a mark as it doesn't come with a free e-edition which you really need so that you can leave it at home/work and study on the go as well.
on 12 May 2013
Its a book written by those wil a lot of prior knowpledge and if you are a beginner or coming from the older 2003 then there are better tutorials free online.
on 18 July 2013
Lots of mistakes and very confusing. Have stopped using this book for my study. Questions often wrong. Worst training guide I have ever purchased.
on 31 October 2013
I have received the book today and I am not sure if its right the book starts from page 43. What us this where are the first 42 pages gone. Could anyone please tell me if this is normal or a mistake
Thanks