Format: DVD|Change

on 3 April 2014
I was lucky enough to be invited to see this film at a preview screening with my daughter. We weren't really sure what to expect - but this film totally exceeded our expectations. In my view this is up there with Madagascar, Rio and The Lion King!

It's a cute story about a young zebra's (born without stripes on one half of his body) attempt to prove himself to the herd by searching out the magical watering hole during a severe drought. Does Khumba save the day? Watch it and find out.

A truly magical tale of friendship, bravery, loyalty and lots of laughs to boot with a fabulous voice cast including a hilarious Catherine Tate (Goat), Steve Buscemi (Hyena) and Liam Neeson and the villainous Leopard.

Totally recommend this as a fun, family movie for all ages.
on 3 April 2014
I was lucky enough to go to a special screening of this film before it is released next week and I loved it! I think as it wasn't a usual US/Disney film it felt somehow fresher and the writing is still witty but not too sweet (Hollywood style). The animation is beautifully drawn and the voices brilliant. I especially loved Catherine tate's 'mad sheep' but do look out for the 'Wings of Doom' creatures - they are SOOOOOOOOOOO CUTE !
on 21 December 2014
Not outrageously funny or the best animation I've seen by a long shot, but it is still very watchable and entertaining. It has some very funny moments, particularly if you have an idea of South African humour!
on 3 April 2014
A very fun animation with great voice talent including Liam Neeson, Catherine Tate and Steve Buscemi. Really worth seeking out
on 17 February 2015
Hesitated to buy this in 3D for a long time after watching reviews in sites like bluray dot com but would have regretted if I had missed this 3D experience. One of thle best 3D blurays out there. And I own almost all of the 3D animated releases and this one is far better than the Disney's recently converted 3D releases as Ratatouille, Cars and Monsters Inc. The animation is beautiful and the story is good. The bluray conversion is great. Watched before in 2D and I can't imagine watching this again in 2D. Highly recommended to all the animation and 3D enthusiasts!!! Please support small studios like this and encourage them.
on 2 August 2014
Contrary to local film reviews I found this SA animation and story line both enticing and charming. I one to two brief secene dialogue of collective animals somewhat 'fuzzy' and inaudible.
Suggest sub-titles in a least several African language e.g, Lion King in Zulu
on 23 March 2015
Beautifully crafted film. It can feel a little slow when compared to some of the attention grabbing animations for children who need their attention grabbing, but there are wonderful characters and plenty of twists and turns.
on 17 July 2015
You definitely need a southern african sense of humour for this with its Rugby connotations and silly accents. But great fun to watch even if you ar not and the kids love the animal characters.
on 30 September 2014
Bought as we were just given a 3d tv im hooked now 😂
What more can i say the film comes alive
on 12 December 2014