Format: Kindle Edition|Change
Price:£2.12

TOP 100 REVIEWERon 25 April 2014
This is a story which really starts off pretty strong. Faye awakes from a coma to find herself in a real life nightmare. Whilst she has been “absent” the world’s population has been decimated by a flu type virus and she actually wakes up in a football stadium crammed with decaying corpses. I was intrigued as to what would happen next, Was she the only person left alive? If not, who would she meet and would they be good or bad? Why did this happen?

Not a bad storyline at all really, but the book is badly let down by the writing which reads like an unedited draft rather than a finished product. There are punctuation, spelling and grammar mistakes on most pages and at times the writing is really clunky, with whole paragraphs that took two or three reads to make sense of. One to be returned for a refund!
on 27 April 2014
This is a fantastic idea, I like Jacqueline's style of writing, I thought the characters were likeable and relatable, BUT the work is littered with errors, missing words, typos, and it really marred the experience of reading the story. I will read more of her work as I really did like the way in which she tells a story, but the errors were so irritating, an issue that definitely needs to be addressed.
on 25 April 2014
I have actually edited this review - the first one I wrote, I gave the author 4 stars and said the editing was poor - however she has since re-uploaded it with editing corrections and now the reader can just sit back and enjoy the excellent story telling.

This is a MUST for any fan of the apocalypse. The characters are brilliant, the atmosphere is tense and I cannot wait for the author to write a sequel.

I would highly recommend this novel
on 4 April 2014
I love Jackie's books but some are just too short and this is one... It's a great storyline which I really enjoyed but it's too quick a read and at the end I just wanted more. Hopefully she writes a second one.
on 29 July 2014
*** spoilers - maybe ****

I quite enjoyed this book. If you are going to survive an apocalypse, this is the type of apocalypse to go to. Everything is more or less intact, no zombies, no radiation, no feral gangs. If your hobbies include fly fishing, then this sedate apocalypse is the one for you.
It deals with a relatively short time period and doesn't get too practical about surviving, but rather focuses on the emotional side of the situation. I felt the series of coincidences, or fate as the book settles on, is a bit wishy washy, but hey, crazy coincidences do happen. I would have preferred fewer though. Wasn't keen on the 'US mini-series' ending and was hoping that for a notice that the next book in the series was available from Amazon, but no such luck.
The typos, poor spelling, wrong words and unique grammar was annoying more than distracting and I wish this book had passed through a publisher for a clean up, but never-the-less this is still an enjoyable read.
on 13 July 2014
Predictable and 'done before' plot, lacks depth and rawness , bit of a sharp ending... those were the not so positive comments...
aside from that, it was a really easy read, 3 hours had it knocked on the head and finished and I wanted to keep going ...
I also loved the fact that the author has actually taken on board what her reviewers said about the need for editing and done a rewrite.

Was it worth the couple of quid? Absolutely.
Would I recommend it? Yes I would.
Do I think the author is capable of a lot more? Yes .. and I would keep an eye out for future works.
on 14 July 2014
I loved this book! Straight into the story from page one and completely hooked to the end. The characters are likable and the plot very easy to follow, so much so that I really couldn't put this book down. I have read other comments about errors etc, I found one or two but can honestly say that I haven't read any book, and I mean any, that hasn't contained an error. So come on guys, if you like an apocalyptic story line, give this book a go. The only downside I found is that I couldn't find a sequel. However, I have just found out that there is one coming very shortly! Whoop!! I will definitely be purchasing that: Jacqueline Druga has herself a new fan and while waiting for the sequel, fully intend to read all her other books.
on 14 November 2014
i loved this story from start to finish. the whole premise was good. The individual struggles and personal demons were believable and I found I tended to identify with each of the characters.
I did something I rarely do, I immediately read the next book, Last Woman 2 which I found to be just as good.

Yes, there were a few typos but show me a book that has none
on 23 May 2014
I started this book with much enthusiasm as the summary on kindle appealed . there are not so many stories written about women being the lead character left alone in a world of complete havoc. I don't think I give anything away if I say she did not have the best of starts but she managed and I was drawn into her story perhaps at times it would have been nice if the author had made her a little more intuitive. As the story progressed she didn't seem to have the same amount of get up and go as at the beginning of the novel. Having said that this is an interesting story and one I thought was worth reading by females rather than males. Let's hope none of us females are put in this position in the future.
on 26 June 2014
Really enjoyed this book. No zombies, which to be honest was getting boring after you've read half a dozen. Just a very good fast paced story with lots going on . And yes it comes to the end all to quickly when your really enjoying it. Hopefully there is a follow on book ( please).!!!!!!!