on 20 February 2004
Surely, on of the best Sociology dictionaries in the market. Comprehensive and up to date, covers all important concepts for students that are new to the subject, but it will be a valued reference book for experienced students or even professional.
From ageism to globalization and from mass media to migration, everything is inside this one volume dictionary. Recommended.
on 8 May 2008
Definitely the best dictionary of sociology in the market. This dictionary will be of immense help not only to students, but also to researchers. The presentation is good and easy to find. The online option is also very handy for those with Internet access. The links to important sites for gathering further information is a great added benefit. This edition is a definite improvement on the previous ones.
on 9 November 2009
A very good book for quick referencing. I'm in my first year at University studying Sociology and it has helped me with most of my work. For Sociological studies, you NEED to have a Sociology dictionary and this one is very good. I like how there is quite a lot of information about key theorists as this helps to gain more unterstanding on literature that I've read by them.
on 9 May 2008
This is an excellent book which helps give insight onto many subjects which really help understand how we work as people, it's highly reccomended reading which will make you look at the world around you in a completely different way.

The reason why it doesn't get the fifth star is because not all sociology related subjects are covered (not much of a problem as I can only think of two at the moment and when the book does give information on the subject it's really interesting and will keep you hooked)The next problem is that this book's language can be quite complex (but that's not much of a problem as a dictionary is easily accesible).

Is this book worth the money? Well, let me give you the answer, on Amazon this book sells for £8.49 and I payed £10.99 for it at waterstones but even then it was worth every single penny, I would highly reccomend this book to everyone who has an interest in this subject.
on 2 January 2009
I tried quite a lot of reference books but Oxford (and Sage) are the best. Up to date, very informative and brilliant presentation. Value for money and another companion to my studies! Thanks Oxford, you are the best!
on 13 November 2013
im an adult learner doing an access course and was told by my tutor i needed a good sociology dictionary on looking through the various ones this was the best easy to read and as a dyslexic isnt a bad thing great reference and good explanations definatly worth getting
on 17 May 2013
i use this for my studies, and it is really useful, it give doesn't just give definitions as per a normal dictionary, it looks at various views points and ideologies as well providing excellent reference terms.
on 13 December 2013
the most crapest dictionary i ever bought

went into my sociology class, my tutor gave a list of words to look up, i was the only one that had my dictionary not one of the words listed were in my dictionary.
on 21 April 2010
Really good reference book. Every term I've ever wanted to know about is in here and the biographies are excellent. Stacks of detail. Web links provide easy access to more info should you want it.
on 15 April 2012
Great for any students studying sociology at GCSE, A-Level or University level. It contains definitions of all of the words you would need.