Customer reviews

Format: Vinyl|Change
Price:£70.95+ £1.26 shipping

on 10 June 2014
Sure comes around, after all the criticism of the first Motown 7s box set, you'd think they'd try get this one right, especially as they are charging top price for it, is it too much to expect a quality product, seemly yes.
Gone are the only plus of box one ie: the cardboard sleeves to be replaced by cheap paper sleeves.
As with the previous reviewer not 1 but 6 of the 7 disc are warped [not sufficiently enough not to play] & the Jimmy Ruffin disc even comes with crackly static presumably to give an authentic old style sound.
On the plus side at least I got all 7 disc's at the first time of asking & the blurb is at least readable to the naked eye this time [although only just] but at the expense of the cardboard sleeves I don't think so.
Am I going to send it back, probably not as I could wind up being worse off.
With regards the music imho I think this is an inferior set, why no Brenda Holloway's sublime cover of Stevie Wonder's "All I Do Is Think About You" [in fact a whole box dedicated to the most underrated singer at Motown wouldn.t go amiss] or Eddie Holland's "I Like Everything About You". I could go on but what's the point no one at Universal is listening.
on 2 May 2017
Sleeve notes by Richard Searling are great & add that level of expertise & knowledge you'd expect from a premium title like this.
Nicely presented & well turned out, this is a great collection & sits proudly with my other 2 box sets.
Looking for Volume 4 coming out in May 2017
on 20 November 2015
I was worried about purchasing this, bearing in mind other reviews re product quality but it was fine. All discs in good condition. Obviously opinion on quality of music is subjective but considering I had heard none of these tracks before finding 5 or 6 tracks to be excellent and the others all OK to good was a bonus. Based on my experience I would recommend purchase
on 6 July 2014
again another motown box set full of faults, you cant fault the music and the idea behind the release of long wanted motown singles,got at least two records that jump but at least none are warped. but no point in sending back, as would probably get records in worse condition,wonder if universal will get it right if they do a third one. maybe on the records released, but on the quality of the merchandise they are sadly lacking, and dont see it getting any better, buy it if you love the music but your taking a big risk on the quality
on 29 July 2014
As happened with Volume 1, this second box set of 7" singles is receiving mixed reviews because of varying quality of the contents. My box set arrived and it is perfect - all seven singles are there and the quality of the vinyl and the packinging are first rate. However, my only gripe (as happened with my first set) is that the track information on the download needs a bit of editing in Windows Media Player. (Only a small gripe which doesn't take long to sort out!). Overall, another cracking set of Motown music.
on 5 September 2014
This is what I was hoping for with vol.1 but didnt get but with Vol.2 they got it right !! the diffence being 1. the download works 2.the singles look better with there more authentic push out centres 3.the booklet is a booklet ! Its readable and on card .
I nearly didnt buy this coz vol.1 wasnt all that however glad I did - the tunes are fantastic
Keep it up with vol.3 please !
on 15 August 2014
Nice to have on officially released vinyl . A bit pricey but I suppose 45's may cost this today.this is the second volume I can think of more to add. StefC c/o Leek Soul Club Est 1993
on 29 July 2014
Stunning unreleased material. A tip though. These box sets have had lots of problems with duplicate and faulty discs, it is advisable you check every track to ensure they play OK.
on 22 March 2015
All good records, shame about the quality of the pressings, 3 are warped, but still playable, unfortunately I read the reviews after purchase, apparently it is a common fault!
on 7 October 2014
Great buy wonderful music you must buy this. i can't wait for vol 3......
excellent service very well packed and quick delivery..