on 14 January 2015
I usually buy blu ray but got this much cheaper on normal dvd. I have to say I didn't regret it and don't really think the blu ray would make any difference to my enjoyment of the show. I watch Boardwalk Empire on blu ray and that's very cinematic but although House of Cards is supremely well made, it still feels more like a series. The original BBC series is a favourite of mine and this is a worthy successor, I really enjoyed both seasons.
on 13 June 2015
Excellent ! !!!! For fans of Kevin Stacey this is a must . One of the best political dramas I've watched for a long time , can't wait for the next series . They are the most dangerous,scheming couple and will stop at nothing to get what they want.
As I came to the end of each episode I could not wait to watch the next .Kevin Stacey at his ruthless best !
on 18 November 2015
Can't praise the series enough, have now watched them all. We had to ration ourselves so as not to get through it too quickly. Similar storyline to the British series but sufficiently different that we weren't constantly comparing.
on 17 February 2015
Amazing series of how the Underwoods are very cold and calculating in getting to the Oval Office they are able to do bad things and come out smelling of roses. They are a perfect pair,cold and forthright in there single minder thinking. Not as good as breaking bad but very worth the money for a winters eveneinfm
on 6 February 2015
There's no point trying to compare this with the original British series - apart from an occasional nod to its origins over the pond, it stands on its own merits, and it stands tall. Brilliant writing, wonderful characterisation, and Kevin Spacey aces it throughout. Counting down the days to the release of Series 3!
on 13 July 2016
Television at its' best. The acting and the storyline are superb, equals but does not surpass the British version on which it is based. My feelings are that they should have stopped after the second series as the third season became somewhat less believable but these two are enthralling and excellent on all levels. Highly recommended.
on 16 April 2015
I wasn't sure if I'd enjoy it as I so enjoyed the original UK version with Ian Richardson, but this more than met my expectations. It's different from the original but hugely enjoyable and very gripping. Kevin Spacey is brilliant and SO evil.!
on 25 February 2015
Having enjoyed the original British version I was wary of this remake but anything with Kevin Spacey in is usually a sign of quality. I still prefer the original as the protagonist always seemed a lot more in control but others would argue that the more chaotic action here is actually more exciting and realistic (assuming that the original can be classed as realistic at all).

Not being totally au fait with American political procedure there are a few twists that I couldn't fully follow but this didn't diminish the enjoyment of the two series
on 22 September 2015
first class entertainment, every bit as good as the British version, educating on the American political scene,
excellent acting from Kevin Stacy and Robin Wright and a good supporting cast, now watching Volume three.
on 15 April 2015
If you like something a little dark n on the edge then you will love this series. Kevin Spacey is outstanding. And the use of the 4th wall is so Shakespearean. In fact this is a modern day Macbeth and his lady.