Format: Audio CD|Change

on 25 January 2015
An eclectic mix of indie, soul, blues and elements of dance. 'Weight of Love' is a great opener and I like the mournful soul of 'In our Prime'. This album dispels the myth that The Black Keys are The White Stripes Mk II....
on 12 June 2014
Love The Black Keys. Loved El Camino (2011) and instantly fell in love with this. Quite a different style from earlier albums - if you heard some of the tracks cold you might not guess it was the two boys from Ohio - incredibly hummable and the tunes go straight into your head after just one listen. An essential purchase for 2014 !
on 21 July 2014
Great album with the Keys doing something different, the haters don't like it and want them to stay working in a basement doing the same album over and over again but I'm sure that would be the kiss of death. It reminds me of the 1970's when a band tried something new they would be accused of selling out, if they stayed the same they would be accused of selling out.
on 29 April 2016
Once upon a time, not too long ago, the Black Keys were a great blues-rock act that cranked those amps up; played rocking tunes, and made classy albums like Thickfreakness and Rubber Factory. Then, by the release of their Brothers CD back in 2010, the rot began to set in. No longer rocking out as often as they once did; the Black Keys went all commercial on us and became a boring soft rock act (thou I did like Gold on the Ceiling-that was a cool tune).
Turn Blue; despite the presence of 1 or 2 okay songs; is just full of pop orientated material with too many slow, quieter tunes on it. It's Up To You Now had a nice drum riff in the intro and they should've rocked this one up a bit, but not nearly enough.
Yes; I know amplified guitar music is not currently in vogue right now; and since their change in direction their record sales have soared. I just wish Black Keys would crank those amps up loud again and give us some livelier, harder songs like they used to.
on 6 March 2015
I didn't buy this when it was first released as i'd read some bad reviews. In the end I succumbed and it's a great album. Okay it's not the five stars of "Brothers" and "El Camino" but you won't be disappointed if you buy it. Make sure you listen to it at least three times before leaving a review.
on 23 May 2014
It's a departure to El Camino which is one of my favourite albums, Turn Blue is different but it works. It experiments much more than el Camino and it succeeds. While the album doesn't have as many classics as previous albums, turn blue is the black keys experimenting and innovating with new styles of music which is pulled off brilliantly.

The vinyl version comes complete with a free poster (which I was told also comes with the CD version)and a CD version of the album and if that isn't enough amazon have auto ripped Turn Blue which let me listen to the album before delivery on my iPod.
on 13 June 2014
I have been a Black Keys fan for a long time and I thoroughly enjoy how their sound and style has developed. This album has more prominent keyboards and they underpin the riffs beautifully. Drumming is even more powerful than before -, maybe because it's very well recorded: big soundstage, lots of depth The first track reminds me in several parts of Pink Floyd's Dark Side of the Moon - how weird is that?

Can't wait for the next step in the Black Keys musical journey
on 25 May 2014
It's not bad, but it's neither as edgy as the early albums, nor as catchy as El Camino. For me, Brothers was the high point although some of El Camino was also superb. The trouble with this album is that some tracks have way too much noodling, and the production has been buffed to such a high shine as to remove a lot of the character. Apart from Fever, I couldn't hum a single track of the album and I've heard it several times now.
on 21 May 2014
I got into The Black Keys off the back of Attack and Release which I thought was a fantastic album and one I regularly listen to ( and I have over 800 to listen to)
I brought El Camino and was very disappointed with a bog standard rock album that had nothing that stood out from any other wannabe garage rock bands output
I am very please to say that they are back to what I liked about them a bit blues and slightly different and a bit edgy
Another great album
on 30 October 2014
Although i like this album i cant help but be a little disappointed. I really expected this to be on a par or an improvement on El Camino. Having seen them live in Dublin in 2012 i loved the stripped back sound and raw vocals.
This CD although it has some good songs on it some of them just feel like they'd have been better if they were left alone as simple guitar/bass/drums instead of lots of effects or toned down and slowed down. Its more Grey than Blue.