on 10 September 2014
on 28 February 2016
on 13 October 2015
Fantastic carrot cake.
on 6 August 2011
I bought this book a few days ago and since then I have marked most of the recipes in this book to try and bake. There are so many divine cakes, cupcake, pies and biscuit recipes that I feel spoilt for choice. So far, I've only actually made the cupcakes but they came out feather-light, absoutely delicious and very easy to make. They also didn't last long!

The recipes seem very easy to follow, the ingredients are easy to obtain and the instructions are clear and concise. There are also lovely pictures of the finished products.

Definitely the best cookbook I've come across so far - and if you can't actually visit the Hummingbird Bakery in London then it's a lovely alternative to make the cakes yourself!
on 1 August 2011
The recipes in this book always work well and go down brilliantly with everyone who gets to taste the results. Our favourites are the oat and raisin cookies, which you can freeze as balls of dough to cook anytime, and the blueberry muffins - YUM. The red velvet cake recipe is the best one I've tried, but I prefer it with a soft meringue frosting which is pure, glossy, white beauty and looks so brilliant in contrast to the cake (I find that half an hour in the freezer stops cake crumbs polluting your frosting when you ice) and so perfect at Christmas time for non fruit-cake lovers. Be warned though that these recipes tend to make HUGE portions, though I must say that is usually not a problem!!
on 5 August 2015
Good book, great gift
on 13 March 2016
Really brilliant book
on 19 June 2010
I was given this book six weeks ago as a gift and since then I've used it about once a week. I haven't strayed far into the more exotic recipes but am delighted with what I have tried. The simple recipes for cupcakes and cookies are easy to follow and have turned out perfectly for me every time - and are brilliant bases to experiment with, such as the simple vanilla cupcakes with buttercream icing which I've added different flavourings to. It makes me feel a lot more confident with my baking, but might be a little simple for someone who is already brilliant with baking. The book itself is well presented and it's a really fun addition to my kitchen. Definitely recommended!
on 10 October 2009
I have tried many cake recipes and i must say that this book provided me with various different ideas, combined with easy to follow instructions.

The point i liked the most about this book was that the ingredients were listed in the order that they were added to the recipe, allowing me to know exactly what items where needed and when. Not being the most advanced baker in the world and not owning the world supply of kitchen equipment didn't stop me making some rather yummy, scrummy cupcakes and brownies.

Something to get for someone who enjoys baking, and also something to keep on your shelf when guests come over and you want to dazzle them with your skills.
on 1 June 2010
I got this book originally about a year ago after visiting the Hummingbird Bakery in London and have since worked my way through quite a few of the recipes. This purchase was for a friend who loves baking, too, and it was a hit with her.

I would recommend this for anyone who is a fan of sweet treats and lovely desserts -- cakes, cupcakes, bars, pies, etc -- and it has a few very nice savoury recipes, too. All very easy to follow and beautifully illustrated. The pictures will make you want to bake everything in here!

For fans of the Hummingbird Bakery -- the recipes come out exactly as your favourite treats from there! It's fab!