on 17 January 2015
The story of Z continues, this well crafted story takes us further into the the lives of a small group of survivors after the fall to a zombie virus a good page turner looking forward to the next instalment
on 11 August 2014
My reading plan had been to finish the previous book in this series then read something else for a change of pace before returning to Slow Burn. That plan didn't last. By the time I had read the last page of the previous book I knew I couldn't rest till I had read more. these two books in the series did not disappoint. The action keeps coming, but is cleverly interspersed at just the right moments with periods of relative calm - never long enough to interrupt the flow or let the narrative drift and loose your attention.
the characters develop nicely and become both lovable and exasperating by turns in a way that makes them seem like real people - like friends even.

The use of humor - usually between the characters, but occasionally situation, adds to the realism of the tale which aids in the suspension of disbelief (essential when you are reading about what amount to Zombies, in my opinion), and you find yourself chuckling at some very bleak moments as the characters relieve their own tension with dark humor.

I know it has become a cliche to say that a book was "hard to put down" but in this instance I genuinely found it so. During the day, whilst engaged on my own work, my thoughts would often stray back to the books and I would wonder what was going to happen next. I couldn't wait to find out and would make time in my day to snatch just a few more moments to read more.

I can heartily recommend this book to anyone with an interest in post-apocalyptic stories, they ranks up there among the best and these 2 installments really develop the tale in interesting ways, adding some mystery to just what is going on with "the whites".
on 14 July 2014
More adventures amongst the infected with Zed & co. Anyone who has read the first two Slow Burn books will know what to expect, but in case any doubts remain, Destroyer and Dead Fire continue the story with more excitement, suspense and horror. The Slow Burn books just keep getting better and better!
on 7 September 2014
When I started to read book one I wasn't to keen it took me a while to get into it but here I am having just finished book four. And I must say I have thoroughly enjoyed reading them all. About to get the next book and I am pleased that the ....oops nearly gave it away then, let's just say I had a tear in my eye by the time I read the last pages. I would definitely recommend these books, what a twist on the definition of what we think a zombie should be.
on 27 April 2014
These two books are amazing! When I picked it up it was a roller coaster ride straight through to about chapter 27, then I remembered I had a real life to be getting on with! The first 2 books in the series were great and they keep getting better as you get to know the characters more in these. Can't wait for book 5! Can't recommend these enough, buy them, you will not be disappointed. (Even the price is right!)
on 15 July 2014
I have read the four books in this series so far and although they seem a little short that's probably because I have enjoyed them so much. If you like this genre then you won't be disappointed. The spelling and grammar could be better but to be honest the story is too good for me to care. I have just downloaded book five which I can't wait to read.
on 2 November 2014
Great series. Anti hero? Love the way this story flows around day to day survival. The Whites become increasingly aware and therefore dangerous. Great group of characters that are not always as safe as some authors eager to please would make. Read all these on a holiday and am eagerly awaiting book 6.
on 22 June 2014
Really well written, it's wasn't the sort of book I expected to be laughing at whilst reading, but it has everything. The main character Zed is definitely someone we could all relate to. I can't say enough about it, loved it and can't wait for the fifth instalment.
on 25 April 2014
I am a fan of all apocalyptic horror type literature an have many many (possibly more than is deemed healthy) novels in my collection and I would say this series is definitely worth a read and I
am looking forward to the next book.
on 10 April 2014
I enjoyed following zeds adventures and I am looking forward to the next instalment. I am not sure why I enjoy post apocalypse stories, I have read quite a few and slow burn is one of the better ones.