on 16 December 2016
I am fortunate to have already purchased one of these. I liked it so much I have just ordered my second from Amazon.
I do not know and I will never understand why some reviewers have given this piece of equipment anything less than 5 stars.
I see some are complaining about the hinge being weak and the lights not being very bright etc etc etc.
This is one of the finest lamps I have ever bought in my whole 66 years of living. It is just so very well made and I realise it is made in China but this is one of the better quality Chinese pieces.
I cannot complain about anything as it is so very perfect in every way.
The lamp is very bright for only 9 watts and comes complete with a power adaptor with both interchangeable EU and UK 3 pin sockets.
It does have 7 brightness settings as is does say in the listing so don't believe anyone who says it doesn't because it does.
Also do not believe anyone who says it is dim because my lord it is bright for 9 watts.
The power supply is 12 volts output and 1000 milliamps (1amp).
Adaptor is also very well made and you have no problems leaving this on unattended, not like some of the cheap nasty ones from China that will explode or can catch fire. This one is 100% safe and no problems.
All in all it is just one of the best modern lamps I have ever had the privilege to own and use.
The base will not move even if you have the lamp full down.
On full power (full brightness) the lamp head itself will get fairly hot but not hot enough to scold anyone but this is to be expected form the LED's as they are really very bright. I would say ideal as a bedside lamp for reading in bed if that is what you do.
The small red lights on the base will not bother you and these are hardly noticeable when the light is on full.
It has a very solid metal base and the arm is aluminium as is the lamp top.
It resembles a mini new type street light and would be fantastic to have a few of these in the garden if they ever think about making waterproof ones.
Anyway I would 100% definitely buy one or two of these as I am just purchasing my second.
I will use one for the bedroom and one for computer desk downstairs. I chose a white one this time from Amazon for my bedroom.
Sorry for rabbiting on but I think these are awesome.
Just go buy one.
TOP 1000 REVIEWERVINE VOICEon 29 July 2016
This inexpensive LED desk lamp really is an excellent product. It overs excellent, adjustable and economic LED illumination with a modern, understated style. Having a hinge mechanism that allows you to tilt the neck, and a similar mechanism allowing you to tilt the light head, it works great as a bedside lamp, but also is a good desk lamp. The plinth has a simple touch sensor that allows the brightness of the illumiation to be increased or decreased to suit your needs. The only downside, as far as I can see, is that the LED bulbs don't seem to be accessible in order to be changed, but as LED bulbs are nothing if not long-lasting, I think you will be able to get a good long life out of this. Very highly recommended.
on 22 October 2015
Light: Engage.
Daffodil LED Desk Lamp looks quite futurist and sleek. To turn it off and on, you slide your finger across the base to control the brightness. It has a star trek-esq quality that adds to its charm and my inner nerd approves. The overall build quality is to a high standard and in essence this is a good addition to our home office (well, our table in the bedroom that I call an office so I feel like i’m not procrastinating by writing reviews of lamps when I should be writing my dissertation)
The only thing that I can see that is not quite right is when you lean the lamp part too far forward or back, it will keep going under its own momentum. But hey, it’s a £17 lamp that does the job.
review image review image
on 13 May 2017
Excellent desk lamp - ready to go from the box. Perfect student/desk/bedside table use especially at £20.00. Plug in and simply slide your finger across the lamp base to activate on and off. Simple, unobtrusive design. Light is white rather than yellow in colour and "bright enough". If you want very powerful light pay more and get more. This is ideal for "extra light". Bought for student son working in dim light room with single overhead light.
on 18 March 2015
Product arrived promptly and well packaged. Opened packed, lamp was wrapped in bubble wrap and well protected it the box. Great product, when plugged in , a little red light comes on. Very discreet... however when you scroll your finger over this red light and swipe to the right, the lamp light gets brighter. Great feature, takes a dimmer switch to another level! Looks a lot more sophisticated. The LED lights are bright and great - doesnt cause eye strain, or make you tired. Due to its compactness, the base takes up minimal space and the arms (main arm, and LED arm) are flexible to move as you wish. Great little lamp, that is worth the money, pricey I know, but you wont be disappointed.
on 16 September 2016
Pretty solid base keeps the lamp stable.
Good length of power chord.
Lamp can be angled and stays there so the mechanism is good. There is no swivel so you need to move the base if you want to angle the light left or right but not a problem.
The dimming is on a touch pad which works well.

So far so good. Very nice little lamp. Lets see how long it lasts. Most boring review ever hey.
on 13 July 2015
So impressed with this product.
It arrived quickly, and unfolded right out of the box. The power cable at the back plugs in separately so can be replaced with an equivalent one if it isn't long enough, although I found mine to be quite adequate to sit at the other end of my 1m desk from the wall plug. It folds down flat when not in use.

Gorgeous design (I chose the white/silver one to go with my Mac setup), cool white light, and I love the ability to dim it if need be. My incandescent lamp was giving me terrible headaches from the heat and glare - no such problems with this one, it's great!
on 4 January 2015
This is a beautiful modern white lamp that looks great in a home office or working space. Having not had a touch screen lamp with LED light I was most intrigued prior to receiving an order in this land. The delivery arrived well in time and the seller has promised to very satisfied here. The light itself is brights, cold white light (so ideal for working but not for bedroom). The method of turning the light on and off and between the different set like settings is a new experience. However as you can control the light settings by pressing the lamp on three setting you want (you can tell what you've selected as it lights red) this negates the slightly fiddly swipe control method of turning lights on and off. OverallI really like this light and would recommend the seller and the lamp itself. Possibly of relevance to some of you considering buying that LED light bulbs does not attract flies like the other bulb types, as well as being more environmentally friendly.
on 5 February 2015
I was looking for a desk lamp to save some energy rather than having the big light in my room on whilst studying. After reading other reviews on Amazon I went with this lamp and I have to say that I agree that it is brilliant. It gives plenty of light to study evenings and it looks sleek, I have even had some compliments from friends. The only improvement I could think of is making the standard able to rotate in its base.
on 25 September 2017
When the light fails the bulbs cannot be replaced so it is then a throw out rubbish item. Sadly, it's more evidence of our throw - away modern culture and not a very ecological / green way to go.
We are now off to buy a proper light with rechargeable bulbs.