on 21 March 2014
LEGAL AFFAIRS Affirmation is the final instalment in Sawyer Bennett’s adult, contemporary, erotic Legal Affairs serialized storyline. Affirmation is the culmination of a forbidden relationship between power attorney Matt Connover and lawyer McKayla Dawson. Following the recent encounter with his ex wife and Mac’s declaration of love, Matt’s demeanor reverts back to the cold and aloof alpha male that Mac encountered during her first days at the firm.

Affirmation plays on the definition about the truth; to affirm or acknowledge the truth; a declaration and, in this, the truth about love; the truth about a betrayal; and the truth about the relationship between Matt and Mac. Sawyer Bennett pulls the reader into a storyline where walls are erected between two people when the truth about the past and the present collide. Matt must face the demons from his past-demons he blames for the demise of his family and the demise of a friendship; and Mac must face the reality that walking away may be the hardest thing she will ever have to do.

LEGAL AFFAIRS is a serialized storyline that is sensual in its’ presentation. A story about two people who enter into a relationship with no expectation but find themselves pulled into the maelstrom of lust, love and forbidden desires. Sawyer Bennett grabs your attention from the very start. The reader is pulled into a roller coaster of emotional heartbreak and unrepentant desire; a relationship fueled by the anxiety of prohibited lust, the power and control and, the prospect of falling in love against the odds.

Throughout the series, the world building continues as we encounter Matt’s past, his vulnerabilities and the possibility of a happily ever after. The storyline is written from McKayla’s POV. We are privy to her inner most thoughts and desires; her pain at heartbreak; and the decision to walk away. And in the end, we will get our happily ever after, but not before rejection and saying good bye pushes one man over the edge and the realization that what he wants and what he needs is—McKayla Dawson—in his life, his heart and his forever.

I was gifted a copy
on 18 April 2014
If I ever thought all the previous series were extremely good, this one takes the cake! Objection, Stipulation, Violation, Mitigation, Reparation, and Affirmation were definitely made...this is the culmination of everything combined and it's astounding!

I love Mac's assertiveness, although when it comes to Matt, she's almost always under the haze of lust. Just a touch and a look from Matt, she's a goner. But here, Mac showed how tough she can be, a force to be reckoned with, she gives as good as she got. I admire her inner strength, dedication to what she believes in, her sensibleness in accepting the end of their affair without a quibble and sticking to it. A perfect match for the mighty Matt and drove him to his knees, Mac is the best heroine character I've ever come across and I'll miss her so much.

The handsome as sin, ever cocky and over confident Matt, met his match in Mac. All his pretense no woman will ever affect him or can break through the barrier he built around his heart....until Mac. Their ongoing interaction whether it be at work or in the bedroom, the on and off relationship is like a roller coaster ride filled with anxiety, heat and passion and the hottest sizzling scenes. The ending where Matt handed Mac two mysterious envelops is awesome and I love it! I'm sad that it ended, I will truly miss this two. (sigh!)
0Comment|Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse
Well that's it, the conclusion has been reached and Matt and Mac's story has been told.

The series was enjoyable and I would recommend it to anyone who has yet to read it. Especially as you can now read one book after the other which for me would have been preferable rather than waiting 2 weeks in between instalments. That said, the story was fun, sexy as hell and also had an emotional element as Matt and Mac tried to develop a relationship with worked for them both.

This final book ticked all the boxes for me though. I was worried that the story would just start to slip away but yet again another hurdle was presented to Mac which she needed to work through with Matt if their relationship had any chance of surviving.

I look forward to re-reading this again at a later date to re-live the story in one go.

Reviewed on behalf of Jezabell Girl & Friends.
on 12 April 2014
I purchased my kindle around the time this series began. So I was downloading like crazy. And I admit it intrigued me, I felt I had to see it through. I had made a commitment.
Don't get me wrong, it wasn't terrible. Just monotonous. Guy cannot commit, Woman devastated, chats to friend with a bottle of wine, then decides she's over him until said guy walks into the room 5 minutes later and mumbles an apology. Clothes go flying then turmoil begins again. But wait..... We have to download part 30.
Experience is a wonderful thing. Next time I'll just calm down and learn to download free books first until I settle down and get used to the devise and learn about the trick of selling a story split into a hundred parts that only need one.
Rant over.
on 6 May 2014
I read this whole series back to back, so essentially I treated it as one book. I hate cliffhangers so I waited until they were all out to start on them!! This was an office affair that turns into something deeper. There are quite a few books at the moment with similar plotlines, but I did really enjoy this one. As soon as one installment was over I was eager to get onto the next!
Can't say I'm a fan of these novella series type formats but that's because I am impatient and hate to wait, plus they can end up a bit pricey but having said that it wouldn't stop me buying another if it had great reviews, so it's just my personal preference.
on 22 March 2014
These volumes should come with a health warning, tea will be ruined, dishes won't be done, washing will stay in the machine, and you'll spend your time deep in the pages, or counting the days on the calendar to the next installment. I loved Mac, strong, sassy, independent lady, who meets the hero in a different kinda way. Their paths quickly cross, and their path is set. Matt has issues, history, baggage, is Mac strong enough to overcome the issues, or will she walk away, you gotta read all six novellas to find out - you won't be disappointed
on 27 March 2014
This has been such a good story overall full of great chemistry, a plot that kept me guessing and memorable characters.
I loathed the fortnightly instalments though - it's put me off reading books published in instalments for good. The gaps between instalments meant I forgot who some characters were. I'm afraid that's a great way to kill the continuity in the story - a pity when it's so good.
on 23 March 2014
Absolutely fantastic series. I loved it. Matt and Mac's relationship was fraught at times but funny and loving. I wasn't sure I would like the series being split into 6 parts but as there was only a couple of weeks between books, it worked. Also the series wasn't overpriced, although it was that good, I would have paid double!! I'm sad now it's over :(
on 25 March 2014
Brilliant story, needless to say very well written as are all of Sawyers books. As these series to well priced and not ripped of by the last book, which I have to say some are guilty of. The plot kept you totally hooked and it was never a foregone conclusion. Absolutely definitely recommend the series loved it. Well done Sawyer yet another success
on 23 March 2014
As I've said about previous 5 episodes of this series, the book is very short & all 6 could have been combined into 1 or 2 parts.
This part ties up lose ends well & ends with happy ever after but not in a boring way. She stays the strong confident woman which pleases me.