on 5 May 2015
its a decent laptop but does last long sometimes both the keypad and screen would work and sometimes it was either or and now it does not work at all. be delicate with this laptop if you get it
on 14 July 2015
Love the screen, keyboard is good too. I had some issues with the installed MacAfee antivirus and a couple of other software problems too which have slowed it down considerably but on the whole a great netbook and hope it will continue to be.
on 17 October 2014
Tons better than a useless tablet but just as small and versatile. Better than a tablet because it's got 2 full size USB slots and 500 Gb of hard disk. Much lighter than stated in the desciption, about 1 kg. A sheer joy to possess.
on 24 December 2016
Bought second hand with Windows 10 preinstalled. It was clunky for the first few days while it installed updates, but otherwise boot up is rapid and not had any problems with it.
Screen brightness is schizophrenic - plug in power and it goes black, unplug it goes bright, brightness controls are reversed, reset power profiles - I've never fixed this problem and have to set the brightness back up every time I switch it on.

One other problem is the F keys not being F keys but function keys and defaulting to function keys such as volume, etc.

Trackpad is the worst part on mine, but this might be from use - needs a good clunk to acknowledge a click sometimes.
on 21 November 2014
Vine Customer Review of Free Product( What's this? )
This is a cute little device. It's small, compact and reasonably light making it incredibly convenient to move around and fit in a bag. It has a touch screen too, which is useful for mitigating the fiddliness of using such a small mouse pad. These things alone make me want to like this laptop because it feels like it should be so useful and convenient.

But it isn't. Because it's so slow.

I'm not going to pretend I'm the worlds greatest computer expert, but I didn't think that it's components sounded too sloppy at first. Right out of the box though, this laptop is painfully slow both at loading/running [not particularly taxing] software or even loading a simple web page. It makes even the most simple of tasks feel like a chore.

I've tried cleaning it up to the best of my abilities but nothing seems to make a difference. Perhaps there's something that someone could do to improve the situation, I'm not sure, but personally I feel like a product of this description should be ready to go straight away. What's more, the screen is very low quality and is not great for watching videos or even looking at pictures.

As it is, I can't recommend it over a normal laptop or indeed a tablet.
11 Comment| 18 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse
on 29 July 2016
Terrible computer. bought in July 2014, and within the year I was buying a new computer as the Lenova was driving me nuts. Its just so slow. Tried wiping it clean and resetting windows. It would run well for a couple of days but as soon as i start saving MS word and excel files to it, it slows down again. Dont waste your money on this computer.
on 6 November 2014
pleased with purchase and delivery
on 25 September 2016
Small and lightweight, but it's unbearably slow for even web browsing or word processing. The mechanical hard drive really slows anything down, and the measly 2GB RAM (in mine) is just not enough for anything really. Touchscreen is unresponsive at best and sometimes randomly shuts off. My phone manages to outperform this laptop for many tasks, including web browsing and chatting. The WiFi refuses to connect to any network. Only good thing about this laptop is the keyboard, which is surprisingly decent for a laptop this size and this price.

(Please note I bought this a few years ago from Argos, so that's why there's no "verified purchase" thing above this review)
VINE VOICEon 30 December 2014
Vine Customer Review of Free Product( What's this? )
This cute little laptop is built half way between a tablet and a laptop. It has full-size keys on the keyboard and USB ports, but the keyboard folds under the screen allowing it to act like a tablet on a stand. The touchscreen is as responsive as you would expect from a good tablet, although the screen does not rotate to portrait mode as a tablet would. The screen does not fold 360 degrees back on the keyboard, see the photographs above for how far back it does go.

It comes pre-loaded with Windows 8.1, giving it a very "tablet" feel with all the apps you will need arranged in a grid. the old style of Windows is available if you need it, but I found myself using the new full-screen "app" mode most of the time. Windows 8.1 does take a little bit of getting used to if you've never used it before, but it does remove a lot of the distractions and complicated parts of general PC ownership from view most of the time, leaving you to get on with what you want to do. The Windows app store lets you install apps the same way as you do on a tablet or smartphone, find the app and install it with one touch. No more endless installation choices like you would normally get with older versions of Windows.

Battery life isn't as good as stated, I was getting more like three hours of battery life, but that is with the screen on full brightness and running various apps. This reduced battery life and increased weight over a tablet definitely make it feel more like a laptop, although it is much smaller and easier to carry than most laptops on the market today. Wifi is built in and works for me without any issues. It features a rather generous 500Gb hard drive (a normal drive, not an SSD), that's a lot of space if you compare it to the 32 or 64Gb you might get in a tablet these days. There is no CD / DVD drive at all, and I really don't think there would be room for one, the base of the laptop is unusually thin. It's got the other essentials - HDMI port, webcam, microphone, headphone socket and bluetooth.

I must mention the touchpad at the bottom of the keyboard. It really is very small and frustrating to use. If you want to use a traditional pointer, you will need a USB mouse. I found that it doesn't really matter because I've used the touch screen for everything since giving up on the touchpad, including word processing, and it's worked well for me.

Why three stars and not five? Two reasons. Although I can load all the programmes and files that I use on my main laptop onto this small half-tablet laptop and take them anywhere, I haven't. It's not going to replace my main laptop. It very much feels like it is built for consuming media; streaming video, surfing the internet, watching Youtube, updating Facebook etc. I wouldn't want to spend hours word-processing, editing photographs or creating presentations on it. It's also slow. The Intel Celeron processor just does not work fast enough and everything this laptop does feels a little sluggish. The speed thing isn't that much of an issue, once everything is loaded up then things like browsing the internet or Facebook feel quick enough, but it's not built for speed. This is the laptop that I take with me when I want to take a laptop but don't want to be carrying years of important photographs and documents around with me, it's the laptop that I take with me when I don't want to be carrying my large, heavy main laptop around with me.
on 12 October 2014
Rubbish item, I sent it back next day as it was taking 5 min's to connect to the internet and 5 min's to go from web page to web page.