Are you ever grumpy? I asked my four year old granddaughter if she ever felt grumpy and she did not know what that word meant. Grumpy means, grouchy, irritable or peevish. I have felt this way many times, but I try not to show it. If you show you are grumpy, everything around you will be as out of sorts as you are.

Michael was a little boy who seemed to be grumpy most of the time. Isn't that strange? He said nasty and mean things to anyone he thought was his friend, and soon he did not have any friends. He was like this at home, also and he talked to his father about his frumpy feelings. His father told Michael that he was reacting to his feelings of anger, and he would have to learn how to deal with his feelings, or he would have a very unhappy life. This story is about Michael and how he conquered his feelings. There are wonderful lessons to be learned. Teachers/parents and children may have some marvelous discussions about feelings and how to deal with them. Lessons to be learned.

The author, Yael Aharoni read to her daughters when they were small, and soon she was telling them many fun stories. After a while she decided to write her own children's stories, and we are very fortunate she did. Her stories are lively and fun with lessons for all of us to discuss. The illustrations are bright and vivid, depicting the days in MIchael's life, and we can see how his friends responded. This storyline is something for all of us to learn about.

Recommended. prisrob 03-19-14