Customer reviews

Crows' Bones
Format: MP3 Download|Change

on 30 November 2014
Flippin fantastic album. It's not perfect, but then that's not really the point is it? There are some really beautiful soundscapes here, as well as some very eerie ones. It's clearly ambitious, treads some new ground and got me very excited. You can hear Lau in here without looking for them and that's certainly no bad thing. It isn't a five star album, but it is a must listen.
on 21 January 2016
Weird and haunting
on 20 March 2015
Great folk dirges on it.
on 12 January 2015
great musician
on 27 October 2014
Quality musicians, singing and production. Am an Unthanks admirer and this lives up to their usual standard.
on 28 January 2015
great to get you through January
on 7 February 2015
Very moody and atmospheric. I saw the dead went well with a short film we made (for home use)
on 28 March 2015
excellent music and first class service
on 26 November 2016
In my late fifties some years ago I had the good fortune to camp at the Stones of Stenness. The first track deals with this site on Mainland, Orkney and I thought that I would give it a go and bought the cd. I was rather disappointed. The music is quite eerie - though not that interesting and I do not really see how an old Swedish bridal march fits in with the other tracks. No lyrics either. All in all I think life is too short for listening to Crows' Bones though I still enjoy camping rough.
on 1 September 2014