Format: MP3 Download|Change
Price:£8.19

on 31 March 2014
Christina Perri wasn't a name I was familiar with until last week. Amazon kindly offered a free preview of this album before release, and never one to miss an opportunity, I listened to Head or Heart. Then I reloaded it and listened a second time. Over the last week, when able, I've listened to this album about seven times, and each time it's grown on me. When I first heard it, I liked it, now I love it.

If you want to compare artists, Christina is a cross between Melody Gardot and Leslie Feist, and from hearing her full range here she's an equal to both in my opinion. This album has everything you'd want, from very tender moments to far lighter, brighter songs, all carried off with finesse and stunning clarity. Christina has a voice which will leave you wanting more, and no doubt pressing the repeat button.

Unlike many albums of late, this hasn't been over produced, and the freshness will put a broad smile on your face. I wouldn't change a single aspect of this album, and will be looking at buying this lady's previous CDs. And that's the beauty of having heard this album online, I know that when I play the CD the quality will be even better. So, thanks to Amazon for the free preview, but even greater thanks to Christina for producing an album which has songs for both the head and heart, and leave both the happier for the experience.
on 3 April 2014
Another gorgeous and captivating album. A fantastic follow-up from 'lovestrong'. Personally some of the best tracks on this album are 'human', 'be my forever' and 'sea of lovers'. I suggest this album to anyone who is a fan of Christina's previous album or works or anyone new looking to broaden thier musical taste.
on 3 April 2014
Christina Perri is an amazing talent - this album builds on Lovestrong which I loved - the songs are amazing - delivered superbly - I agree with other reviewers about the production - the best £9 you can spend right now - you must see her live - seen her live twice on the Lovestrong tour - touring UK in the autumn - I had her Lovestrong poster framed for my lounge- she is the real deal.
on 4 April 2014
Absolutely amazing album with brilliant tracks,can't stop playing it.I loved the first album and this is just as good if not better.
on 20 May 2014
After an excellent debut album and first singles can Perri deliver the goods on the follow up. Well with the release of Head or Heart the second album which I pre-ordered. I tried to beat the deadline for an Autographed copy as an Amazon exclusive, I was certainly pleased to obtain an auto release version. The first single Human sets the tone of wants to come on the second CD. Christina has stepped back and refreshed her look and sound from the more edgy debut. There is nothing with that and the album is a head and heart open book on matters of life and the choice of which rules the most. Christina has produced a very slick albums worth of songs and it over rides the usual tough act to follow second album with ease. So if you enjoyed the single Human their is no reason not to have this disk on replay.
on 3 May 2015
Christina Perri is a genuine sincere performer who sings not just for her own pleasure but for her audience also. Her emotions, feelings and artistic interpretation of her work show a great desire to please without obviously just having commercial intentions.
on 28 April 2014
Another great album from the talented Ms Perri. For me an added bonus of pre-ordering the CD and having an autographed insert.

Good honest songs which I will be playing when the weather improves and the B-B-Q goes on. It is one of these albums that you put on and end up playing it a few times and not getting fed up of.

Most enjoyable album. 10/10
on 15 June 2015
Christina's songs, alongside her stunning voice, have captured my heart for years now. Right from 'Heart for Sale' all the way to 'I believe', I have gratefully absorbed her music. 'Head or Heart' is a fantastic follow up album after 'The Ocean Way Sessions', 'A Very Merry Perri Christmas' and 'Lovestrong'- all of which are AMAZING! After seeing her perform live, I have discovered that the CDs don't quite do her justice, which is extremely hard to believe if you've heard them! There are many stunning tracks on this album: ballads, up-beat pop songs and many more! 'Run' is a personal favourite of mine, it has so much emotion and it gives me shivers down my spine! Overall this album is fantastic, and it's worth every penny... I am proud to be a Perri Penguin!
on 11 April 2014
CD came quickly and perfectly wrapped.

Music is beautiful - more happy than the previous album (but I love happy and sad songs so that's good!). Christina has a beautiful voice and she has written some beautiful songs yet again! I highly recommend!
on 19 May 2014
Enjoyed this long awaited album, perhaps not quite as good as Lovestrong. The songs towards the end of the album I enjoyed more than the opening few tracks. Would recommend it to all Christina Perry fans