Customer reviews

on 15 April 2014
Charges ok through a Sony 30pin docking station with adapter fitted, however the iPhone 5s unable to play music through this - which is why I bought it... Does not work for purpose of purchase and description of sale.
on 8 May 2014
I took a gamble when buying this. Apple do the same thing for £25, which is a bit steep.

First impressions were good, it worked well enough and it played through my not so redundant iPhone dock. However i started to notice that in the mornings i wasn't getting a full charge on the phone, as if it stopped charging during the night.

It has now started to play up, the phone recognises it sporadically and I can no longer rely on it to charge overnight. But other days it's fine. Very temperamental. Looks like I'll be paying apple store a visit soon.
on 25 April 2014
Does not work with Logitech dock. It charges the phone but does not play music.

Spend the money on the real adaptor from Apple, it might be more expensive but at least it works correctly
on 26 April 2014
I've read that some of these devices work fine but don't do video - as, I think, the genuine Apple products do.That does't bother me as it charges my iPhone fine, links my iPhone with iTunes the same as the original Apple product and because it has that audio pin as well as the lightning one, it holds the iPhone much more firmly in place that even the Apple products do. Its large and so you have to take most phone cases off when using it & thats a nuisance sometimes. I'm not sure if the audio pin transfers audio or whether that comes from the lightning pin, but on my two stereo systems not only does the sound seem fine (they're not high end products) but I can use the device remote control to skip tracks, raise and lower the volume etc. They also work in my gym!
on 4 May 2014
This is cheap, feels cheap and only just works. I used this as adapter for car stereo. Yes it charges iphone, yes it plays music via car stereo, although the sound quaility is low in volume and poor. Also would not let me control iphone via car. You cannot use this with any iphone case as case will not allow fit to phone. To hear the music i had to turn up my car stereo to normally deafening volume and even then it wasnt great sound. Ive gone with cable instead and the quality is far better.
on 19 June 2014
I read the very mixed reviews but decided to give this a go since it was cheap and I couldn't see anything else with more favourable reviews. My daughter tells me it works fine so far and she is very happy with it.. It charges OK and the audio component works well with her music system which has the old style ipod connection. Four stars because I don't yet know how long it will work properly.
on 27 October 2014
I have brought two things now to try and get my iPhone 5s to work through an iPhone 4 docking station.

The only reason why Iv brought this is because I want to be able to play my music instead of buying a completely new dock station. BUT this does NOT play music like it said it does on the description so therefore this product is useless to me now.

Very disappointed
on 3 May 2014
Even though it is stated in the product details that it will play audio through stereo and docks it does not work, I have tried this on two different stereos I own and it will only charge the phone which I can do with my charger. Do NOT waste your money on this item and buy and official apple dock even though they are expensive.
on 8 June 2014
This item has broke my brand new iPhone 5s!

I plugged it in and mounted it on my docking station.... As soon as i did, the phone powered down and hasn't turned back on or charged since!!!!!

It's completely dead.

I will be consulting apple, and potentially taking legal action
on 20 November 2014
At first my order didn't arrive so had to contact to get another despatched. When it did finally arrive it simply doesn't fit!!! I ordered 2 for docking station. Don't work. The holes in new iPhone are about 3mm further apart than the adapter pins!! Save ur money guys. It doesn't wotk