on 9 April 2014
This is basically a plan for clearing clutter. Look at it in that way and ignore the time restraints and you'll get on fine. However, in my view, anyone who can clear their clutter in a weekend doesn't have a clutter problem! So, the title is perhaps offering false hope to those with a lot of clutter (ie the target audience!).
Nothing wrong with the advice, or the proposed solutions, just the timescale.
It's not a time-consuming read and it's cheap.
Buy it and use it as your De-Clutter Master Plan.
on 21 March 2014
I have a friend notorious for his cluttered home. When I saw this book was on a free promotion, I couldn't help but check it out. While a short read, this book as a lot of good advice. There is no fluff, so it is quick and actionable, which I guess is important for a messy person. If you want to become more tidy, check this out.
on 22 April 2014
A cluttered home leads to a cluttered mind. This is a rule of thumb that I've learned the hard way. It usually happened that clutter starts building up in my home, and this comes naturally with day life activities; kids' stuff thrown everywhere, old clothes that are no longer used and still stored in closets, old food in the fridge and the freezer, unwanted things in the basement, and many more things that start piling up and eventually I find out that every single part of my home has become a real mess, and the free space left for me and my family to live in is gradually waning. Worse yet, when it comes to cleaning up the house, the more the clutter the more time suck cleanup becomes. Actually, I'd allocate at least 4 or 5 days of hardworking to do an overall house cleanup, but this book gave me a step-by-step thorough house cleanup process that takes only one short week end, which means that I'll save more than half of the usual allocated time for cleanup, that is really amazing!
Moreover, the author included some smart storage solutions at the end of the book. These solutions include a variety of practical options that could fit neatly in any house and even in the smallest storage space. And I strongly recommend this book for everyone, it's an awesome guide that helped me adopt an anti-clutter lifestyle, and enjoy an anti-clutter mind.
› Go to Amazon.com to see all 21 reviews 3.5 out of 5 stars
on 22 August 2014
Very disappointing little book as I feel there wasn't much in it compared with other books about clutter. I bought it for a friend and
she seemed to like it.
on 2 June 2014
This was okay, but obvious. I used it to inspire me to start the clear out, but soon disregarded it.
on 25 April 2015
Prefered Konmari method and the clutterdiet.com