Learn more Shop now Shop now Shop now Shop now Shop now Learn More Shop now DIYED Shop now Learn more Shop Fire Shop Kindle Learn More Shop now Shop now

on 18 December 2015
Far too long and drawn out...really really stretched and boring. Basics in spelling/grammar such as the wrong there/their/they're, you're/your etc irritated me throughout. Didn't believe or warm to the main characters' relationship at all.
The worst part for me though was the conversation held between 2 of the characters' who are meant to have spent time serving in Afghanistan:

"There are no jobs there. At least not like we know jobs."
"Yeah in Afghanistan a man's got two ways to support his family: join the opium trade or join the army. That's it. Those are your options."
"Or live in one of those Godforsaken camps."
"Good God. those places stink. Tent cities of the walking dead. ...The smell alone of those shit-holes is enough to send them running into the poppy field and happily scrape bulbs for 18 hours a day, and who can blame them. It is modern day tribal warfare. These guys, all of 'em, they live to fight... It's what they do. It's all they do. Roaming packs of barbaric savages. Cavemen with AK-47'S."

"all of 'em"...So basically all 32 million of the population are barbaric savages, cavemen who walk round with guns, fight and work in the poppy fields. Oh right!
They then go on a big rant about the Taliban which I don't want or need to hear about in a book of this genre.
They then tell "jokes" to "lighten the mood", one of which was about the people of a completely different country, Pakistan, who appear to be under the same umbrella as "all of 'em" in Afghanistan in the author's obviously enlightened mind!

"I was so depressed last night I called the Suicide Lifeline. I got a call center in Pakistan, and when I told them I was suicidal, they got all excited and asked if I could drive a truck."

Extremely poor taste and offensive...quite sickening really to be honest. Stereotyping/prejudice and ignorance expressed in a book, thinly veiled in "humour"...not funny at all and I know definitely not representative of the voice of most people who did and are still doing their job to help, not belittle and ridicule the people in these unimaginably poor and war torn countries. We don't choose where we're born and ignorance like this only fuels needless prejudice and hatred.
I for one don't buy a book in this genre and expect to have to read such hostile bigotry.
Returned for a refund and would never again buy anything by this author who appears to be ignorant, as evidenced in her own work. Ignorance is not and never will be an excuse for prejudice.
on 19 March 2014
Love this series. This book is great, Crash is awesome and you are made to wait before getting him into bed with Shannon, love that it is not a "straight into bed" book, makes you want to continue reading and then wow - the sex is mind blowing! The 529 pages are well worth it and am really looking forward to the next two books, especially Wolf, pleassssse, not too long. Nicole James knows how to write a story. Highly recommend - buy it now!
on 22 March 2014
I really enjoyed this, most MC books have a shade of cheese about them, with all the male leads being full on alpha males that come across as a bit unrealistic but Crash (and all the other guys, really) is very human and the interplay between all the guys is very endearing. I loved the build up sexual tension between Crash and Shannon and I found her to be very likeable.
on 20 March 2014
Why are the British always the bad guys?
Otherwise this was a very good read, I enjoyed it. It's a great follow up to the first in the series with the main characters, Cole and Angel being supporting characters here.
Shannon was one of the girls rescued by Cole in the first book, now she's in trouble and Cole is the only one that can help. He agrees and up steps the gorgeous Crash to be her very own bodyguard. He thinks she's a spoilt bitch and to be honest he's right.
The required change for her takes time but she does and it leads to a good ending after some very sad things happening.
This is such good value for money, half a star is removed because of the editing errors not corrected (mainly spelling, homophones etc.)
Suitable for older readers due to content.
on 27 March 2014
I have read a number of mc romances and get annoyed by the fact they end so quickly, the author seems in such rush to get it over with. This book does not rush but allows you to connect and really care for the characters, helps that crash is such a hot strong male lead but you also gain a good knowledge of other characters as well!! The author has a great writing style that draws you in!!this is value for money you get a full length novel, a seriously hot lead guy, a strong but likeable lead girl and the book has both a good level of intrigue and humour!!loved it!!!
on 6 September 2015
Crash
Crash is a fantastic book and in some ways I think it is better then the first. In the first book, Cole, Crash and some other members of the MC went to help Cole avenge Angel from the man who kidnapped her. In the back of the van where girls were handcuffed and gagged. One of these girls was a woman named Shannon. We met her a few times in Outlaw she is a rich girl and a bit stuck up, but she has an ex-boyfriend whom she is running from and she needs the help of the MC. Crash volunteers to babysit her until Shannon's ex is out of the country but Crash is going to tear down her walls and make it worth his while.
Shannon doesn't know how to make coffee, she can't use the washing machine and she she can't cook. But, she can shop and she knows how to spend money, but, beneath all that richness and bitchiness lays a very different woman. The only man standing between Shannon and her ex is Crash, a man she has to depend on and a man whom she is trying hard not to fall in love with.
This is an absolutely brilliant book. I only found these books because I was browsing through Amazon and I can't believe I haven't found these books before.
This series is one of the best MC books I have read. I love these guys because they are all about danger and keeping the club in business but, with all the businesses the MC has they protect the staff and the girls that work in their strip club. The MC world does protect there own and although Shannon is not an o'lady she is to Crash and he will protect what he believes is his.
Again there is humour, action, drama and the sex scenes are hot hot hot. Recommended and buy at once.
on 19 March 2014
Ok how have I not come across these books til now?!? Fantastic storyline, great characters, the banter between the brothers, oh and make sure you have tissues at the ready. I will definitely be buying more by Nicole James!
on 29 March 2014
The first book in this series was brilliant and this one is just as good! I just couldn't put it down! It is a long book but it didn't seem like it at all in fact I want to keep reading more about crash and Shannon. Just brilliant righting I can nit wait for the next!!!!!
on 4 August 2016
Another gripping book by the writer . I read Outlaw first and got immediately hooked on to the writing style . The writing is so fluid and even though my reader was telling me it's a few hours book, it certainly didn't feel that way ! And I think therein lies the appeal of the book . It's fluid and the characters and the easy banter between them is thoroughly enjoyable and believable !
on 2 April 2015
It's well written, plotted and no doubt accurately portrays this outlaw/biker world, but our heroine here starts out as a millionairess who seems to have the world at her feet (ok, she's got a stalker - the plot device to introduce our overprotective hero) and by the end of it she's a pillion bunny who knows her place and it's very definitely behind him.

I love an alpha male, but in this story it seemed to me to be achieved at the expense of the female character. This one was just not for me and I'm stopping this series here. However, if overpowering machismo floats your boat, then you'll love this.