Customer reviews

Format: Kindle Edition|Change

on 17 March 2014
Rosie Fenton's book, The Last Cake is a journey through her life, one of pain, joy, addiction, illness and grief but all of these are soaked with a deep determination as she tells of the painful loss of two parents to multiple sclerosis, and eventually her own diagnosis. The book is a compelling read, simply because of it's raw honesty. Throughout, she never sugar coats any of the negative experiences; we get it handed to us exactly how it is and the book is all the richer for this. Underpinning all the threads in her book is her unfailing love and compassion , mainly for her two autistic children, but also for humankind as a whole. Reading this book left me with an immense feeling of gratitude for all the blessings in life that each and every one of us has if we simply take the time to look.
on 16 March 2014
I was very keen to read this book as I went to school with the author and with the technical of today's world we are friends on Facebook and often saw her struggles through her comments. I started to read the journeys of her and had no idea what she really had been through and I can honestly say that I'm proud of the person she is today.
on 16 March 2014
Having gone to school with the author of this book, I was very interested to read her story. No-one should have to go through so much heartache in such a short time. Remembering the time that she lost her father reasonably well, it was truly heartbreaking to read the complete pain she went through behind closed doors, and how it affected her life. An amazing read and a great present for your two beautiful girls. Loved it!
on 17 March 2014
I read this book last night - I just couldn't put it down.
I knew the author at school and our paths have passed along the way but I didn't realise the struggles she had and the demons in her life. What a lovely tribute to the parents and Nan - also an inspiration to everyone out there. I hope it helps people to understand the ignorance that exists towards illness, disease and special needs.
I sobbed almost all the way through as I have a close friend with MS - I also lost my brother to Alcoholism.
A great read - I suggest that if you haven't already ........ Download it now!!!!!!
on 16 March 2014
The more i read of this book the less I could put it down.... It's an amazing book and a must for everyone to read..... Very sad story but an amazing journey of a sad young girl who lost everything she ever got close too..... No more from me you need to buy it to see what an amazing true story this book is.......
on 19 March 2014
An emotional roller coaster of a story-if I didn't know the author and a little part of her life history, I would have said this was a work of fiction; hard hitting in places, incredibly sad in others, yet not once does the writer feel sorry for herself as this is her life. A really compelling read and a shining example to those of us struggling with far fewer problems-read it now or miss out!
on 30 March 2014
Wow!!! What an amazing read!! I was totally hooked from the first page. With what you have faced in your life so far and your continuing daily struggles you are one of the bravest women I know .. Keep fighting those demons and be happy, you, your girls and your man :)
on 30 March 2015
The Last Cake is the emotional roller-coaster story of a devoted Mother and Daughter, as she faces up to a seemingly unending series of tragedy,abuse and illness.It is however, beautifully balanced by her enduring love for her late Father which shines throughout her life. Heartbreaking and inspirational in equal measures, this book is a perfect testament to how a broken life can be repaired when you focus on your own children and pass on the legacy of that enduring love.
on 5 June 2014
An incredible account of a life filled with so much loss sorrow and pain. The author never ceases to amaze me with her outlook on life and her inner strength to keep going. Hats off to you 'Rosie' you're an inspiration to us all. X
on 14 May 2014
An inspirational story. I was glued to it from beginning to end. Being able to identify with so much was great, I found myself saying yes yes.
Such a courageous lady, so many mountains climbed.