on 20 June 2017
Very sad story and what brave children they were. Really hold my hat off to all the individuals that have not only gone through all the pain and trauma of the abuse etc, but to live it all agin in your book is such a brave thing to do. However if you have stopped one individual from being abused by telling your story that's got to be amazing. I am so proud of you for being so strong and for sharing your unbelievable experience.
on 29 January 2015
This is a well written book but left me deeply disturbed. It is unbelievable that anyone could treat such young and innocent girls so appallingly just through greed and financial gain. The ending was inconclusive and maybe a future account of what happened to this young girl may be available. It's a must read.
on 3 January 2015
I can't believe some one can do this to a child it upset me I just want to hug her !!!
on 13 August 2014
Grim
on 23 April 2017
don't bother---pure fiction------think about it-----her qota was 60 men a night thats 420 a week--- no bath no showers--her friends quota was 100 men a night- again no bath no showers ----there were other girls lets say just two at 50 men a night------thats 1,220 men a week between them- no food no steep no bath no showers--no way---imagine being at the back of the Q OMG no details about what the so called customers done to her pure fiction, read it if you must but i don't think you will believe a word of it-------i didn't
on 26 June 2015
Although this is not the story of a single real child, as so many of these type of books are, it is a harrowing account of the type of of life many children undergo and all the dreadful things that happen to Maelea do indeed happen.
I hesitate to say I liked the story - how can you read it without crying for the exploitation by men of vulnerable children ? However, it is extremely well written, and the tragic tale of Maelea simply lives on the pages. I simply don't understand how there can be so many men with perverted sexual needs that these sort of places are 'required'.
on 11 August 2014
Very sad with no fairytale ending. I don't know why I was drawn to this book but glad I was. Opened my eyes to the secret tragedies that are going on every day in our world. Beautifully written, with words that took me to a different world, so truly, that I feel I have met this girl and heard her story from her. This read will stay with me forever. No child should be born to suffer. Set far away but perhaps is also closer than we think. Let us all keep our eyes and ears open.
on 5 July 2014
Very sad and disturbing,how these people sleep at night or look at themselves in a mirror is beyond comprehension.It makes you think of your own children or any child being treated this way.unforgivable they want stringing up.I just wanted to go and find her and take care of her, make her feel safe and loved.The fact that these things are happening right now to children gives me nightmares.We all are aware of this abuse but seeing it written down is heartbreaking.
on 23 April 2014
Well written. Very emotional book. I couldn't put it down but found myself appalled at the content. I know this happens but every time I read something about this issue never fail to be appalled that anyone could treat another human being, let alone a vulnerable child, in such a callous brutal inhuman manner. Laws need to be tightened and consequences severe. Man's inhumanity to Man ......
on 18 June 2014
This is such an honest and heartbreaking book about the horror of child sex slavery. What a brave girl to relive her nightmares in order to publicise what is still happening. Her story should never be forgotten.
Truly amazing.