Customer reviews

on 2 March 2016
One little girl doesn't want to wear fancy clothes, act properly or sit on a fancy throne. She just wants to be herself. With thirty two sweet illustrations and a rhyming story, this is an appealing book for young children.
on 24 September 2014
I have to declare at the beginning of this review, that when a child I most definitely DID want to be a princess. Preferably a fairy princess, with wings and a magic wand. I would still like to have wings and a magic wand and I love dressing up but I do understand the little girl in this book. It's tough when you don't fit in with the frilly pink group and the pressure to conform can be intense.

Kally Mayer's book is a delight and Faria A.'s illustrations add to the lively feeling that makes it a joy to read. A fun way to address a serious issue. Each child is different and needs to be understood from the inside out, rather than being forced into a preordained role.

'Don't want to be a Princess' sounds like a cry from the heart and would be helpful to older girls, not just early readers. An important message, even for those of us with princessy tastes. Live and let live!
on 15 March 2014
Normally, little girls want to be princess - all thanks to Disney, I imagine. My little sis is the same way and currently in that phase. This amusing book describes the polar opposite, a girl who thinks being a princess may not be a good experience at all. Long story short, my sis wants to give this 5 stars and I shall oblige her command :)
on 23 September 2014
This little book really struck a chord with me. As a committed "tomboy" while growing-up, wanting to climb trees, and to wear trousers not dresses, I'd have loved to have had a book like this! Thankfully times have moved on to some extent, and girls now do get many more opportunities to do things that only a few decades ago were seen as unacceptable. It is still so easy, however, for us all to accidentally say things to young kids that influence their behaviour. Just like the dad in this book, calling your daughter your "little princess" could leave them feeling pressurised into behaving all "prim and proper". The little girl in this book, however, goes to great lengths in explaining why she DOES NOT want to be a princess or to wear pink!

With bright illustrations, plenty of funny moments (what kid can resist regal farts!), and simple rhyming text, this will make an ideal early reader.
on 25 February 2016
By my Daughter Sheila Cooper - I loved this story, all the pictures were bright and every page made me laugh, my favorite part of the book was when the little girl didn't want to dance at any royal ball because she was scared to trip over and fall. Another one of my favorite things about this story was the hair style that she didn't want to wear because she would rather climb trees with her hair flowing to and fro, which made me laugh. so over all a very fun story.
on 23 May 2015
This is excellent! I love this idea and I want to read this type of stories to my daughter! Thank you... I been reading it 3 times last night.. so I do that every night lol My daughter love these stories.. Mummy Quit book is a winner!! My when Im feeling a bit law, my daoughter come and ask me " Mummy are you going to quit? " lol

THank you for these lovely books!!!
on 1 August 2014
My grandaughter adores this book. She reads it over an over
on 26 April 2016
I like this book because she is like me and can you please write some more. Maybe some about shopkins. If you don't know what shopkins are. They are miniature household items. Thank you I am a 6 year old. My name is lily-mae Hodder from england
on 13 November 2015
This wonderful book is sure to make little girls happy and cheerful with it's hilarious rhyming.It's a great bedtime story to make your little one have magical ,funny dreams!!!
on 26 July 2014
I got this to read at night to my 4yr old daughter. She absolutely loves it and it has fast become one of her fave bedtime stories.