on 22 July 2014
From time to time, my wife forgot to turn off her hair straighteners at the socket switch. By the early evening, the dressing table surface would have become hot. I'm glad they're rated at 35W. Others straighteners on the market are a whopping 150W. Anyway, gentle reminders didn't draw a halt to this occasional oversight. When I put my point more assertively, it became my fault.

So, I bought a timer switch. When you turn on at the socket, you have to press the button to select a time interval. First and lowest selection is 15 minutes. Perfect solution. My "it must be my fault" index has dropped by one too.

By the way, Rapunzel may not be finished in 15 minutes. No problem. She can just push the button to cycle through 5 other time settings up to 4 hours.
on 17 March 2014
I have been looking for a compact, easy to use plug-in countdown/sleep timer with a sensible range of time settings...
This timer does everything I want and the build quality is remarkable at such a low price.....I have looked at other timers and these are definitely the best I have come across.......I highly recommend this product.....
on 11 January 2015
Bought this plug for a multi cooker which did not have a timer and it works perfectly for the job. Much easier then the timers with the dials which I thought would be too fiddly. Just plug it in and flip switch to turn timer up in increments. Simple operation which is what I wanted and has switched the appliance off a few times when I had forgotten about it so a good safety product. The plug is a bit chunky and not as streamlined as some people might want so this is why I didn't give it full marks, but I personally did not find this a problem and would buy again i I needed another.
on 29 July 2014
I have no central heating and either a convector or oil radiator in each room, so as you can imagine I spend a lot of the Autumn/Winter worrying about my electricity consumption. Timers are great, but you don't always use the heaters at the same times every day. I bought this for my spare room, so guests can set when they want, and unlike me, don't have an inbuilt reminder to switch off before going to bed. I like the settings on here, should cover all needs. Perfect!
on 5 September 2014
My phone only needs a couple of hours charge and overcharging isn't good, but the easiest time to do it is while I'm asleep - cue this little beauty, plug in, set two hours and sleep soundly knowing my phone gets only what it needs. Perfect :-)
on 4 May 2014
Absolutely great no need to worry about leaving it on and going out as it turns itself off after setting to required length of time
on 18 July 2014
Stops my business partner burning the office down with the laminator!
on 17 July 2014
Works pretty well, bit bulkier than expected for very good for price
on 18 November 2014
works very well.Use it on a clothes airer
on 1 October 2014