on 28 May 2017
Fast delivery and in excellent condition. This book is full of the core content needed and breaks it down into the basics as a good foundation to build on for exams.
on 2 February 2012
The book covers the essentials of biological psychology. The material is broad but summarised succinctly. A number of helpful features are provided for the reader. I made good use of the `key terms' boxes throughout the book and found that they really focused my attention. It thought it was written in an elegant and easy to understand style. When I read the book I had already completed two modules in biological psychology, but my knowledge was diffuse and fragmented. This book consolidated my existing knowledge by presenting the material in a friendly, straight forward and logical manner. The layout of the book is such that I hardly noticed myself speeding through the pages. As well as key terms, each chapter contains key studies, chapter summaries, sample questions, revision checklists and more. I found that these really broke up the material nicely and prevented my mind from wandering.
The online companion website is a great addition to the book itself. I don't usually go through the questions at the ends of chapters, but the interactive online questions were very useful. Rather than having to troll through the chapter to check my answers the online chapter-tests gave me instant feedback and guided answers. This book is a superb revision tool allowing you to cover a broad area in a sufficient amount of detail. For those with a bit more experience, it's an enjoyable and easy read which can really consolidate your existing knowledge. When you need to refresh yourself on the fundamentals it's an extremely fast and efficient resource. You reach for the book, flick to the relevant chapter, and are instantly satisfied every time.
on 3 August 2015
A useful revision aid but no substitute for the bigger, more detailed textbooks that are 'out there'. I bought it to help me get through my MSc Psychology module and it was a handy travelling companion as I moved around with work or on holiday - but do access the companion website for the extra material offered as it does expand this book's content.
on 28 November 2016
Perfect as a mini-revision guide for my Forensic Psychology degree. Ended up buying the whole series as I was so impressed. Highly recommended!
on 24 April 2015
Really good easy read
on 1 March 2014
I cant make much of a comment on it as I bought it for my daughter who is studying psychology
11 Comment|Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 4 December 2016
👍
on 10 February 2014
beautifull!!
on 13 April 2015
I have not found this at all helpful
22 Comments|Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse