Format: MP3 Download|Change
Price:£4.39

Northern Soul Floor Fillers is one of those, to borrow Ronseal's ads, does exactly what it says on the tin or in this case the rear cover. All are original recordings by the original artists and are 100 per cent boba fide floorfillers!

Now if you really want to torture and make a Northern Soul fan go mad...
nail his feet to the floor and play this loud!!

But Amazon have 'scrunched' up all the tracks making it hard to see which great tracks and by which great artists are featured.

So I've compiled this list with the hope that it makes it easier to read.

If you cut and paste please exclude the last track on CD3.

CD1

22. Mind Over Matter - Nolan Strong And The Diablos
23. Who's Gonna Mention My Name - Lonnie Sattin
24. You're A Little Too Late - Danny Owens
25. Any Day Now (My Wild Beautiful Bird) - Chuck Jackson
26. I left My Heart in a Cleethorpes Dance Hall- Stevie D'or.
22 comments| 60 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 4 December 2013
I bought this cd because I'm always on the look-out for rare tracks.
Now of course Benny Spellman's Fortune Teller is a top northern tune but let's be honest like another reviewer has said this compilation is not of the right genre. If anyone has been to Oistins in Barbados and watched the old time dancers then this is the era, 2 dancers arm to arm, not how I remember the Casino or Blackpool Mecca.
However, luckily over the years I have come to enjoy all types of good old soul music and there are some very good tracks making the small price paid worth it- Gene Chandler, Jimmy Radcliffe and Roy Hamilton. Of course most of these artists have made excellent northern soul tracks but these compilers need to understand that the artist is not what makes northern soul but the track itself!
I think the title will only serve to confuse any newcomers to the scene.
on 11 August 2013
I used to go to the Twisted Wheel and other venues in Manchester in the 60's and ultimately, The Torch and the Casino. This collection of tracks stirred many a memory of all-nighters and popping home on the iconic SX200!.

Fantastic.
on 5 June 2014
Not what inside this one, there are 6/7 songs that you would go onto the floor for, put that's about it
on 16 July 2013
I used to listen to Northern Soul in the Manchester
Night Clubs ! This CD brings back many of the tracks
that I listened to back in the Day. Great Music.
A Must for those New to Northern Soul !!
on 20 March 2015
sent it back as half the tracks are not Northern they are Tamla motown others arnt what I would even call soul music too many people jumping on the Northern bandwagon to make a fast buck!!
not what I wanted
on 16 August 2013
I bought this CD because i like 60s/ 70s soul music and a lot of these northern soul compilations do often include some missed gems as well as a lot of crap. This CD to me is too early to be classed as soul let a alone floorfillers most tracks being from the early 1960's and i think are simply pop music by mostly black artists. I doubt whether any more than 5 or 6 have been played at any northern soul venues. Brilliantly packaged but musically the title is very misleading.
on 2 August 2013
Some music lends itself perfectly for birthday and other parties. So does this CD. Although it's nice to play in the car too, the roads seem tpo bend just a bit smoother...recommended for many purposes therefore.
on 11 July 2013
Some brilliant old dance tunes on this album and can't go wrong for the price.

I would recommend to all NS fans.
Bit of an odd collection - obviously chosen to be out of copyright stuff (1962 and earlier), resulting in a collection mixing the well-known and obscure, both in term of songs and artists. There's certainly plenty on there I wouldn't have thought were Northern Soul "mainstream", but the price is peanuts and there's masses to enjoy - so go for it!