on 25 March 2017
Spot on piece of kit. I'd bought a new 4K TV & couldn't wait to get my Xbox connected. Imagine my horror when I found that the TV didn't have a headphones socket!! Only a bluetooth connection. This DAC was the perfect solution. I connected one side to the optical out on my TV (& yes, the DAC came with an optical cable), & the other side I plugged my headphones in. Back to using my headphones again, so those bad guys can't sneak up on me any more. Recommend this DAC every day of the week & twice on Sunday.
on 14 March 2017
I've bought two of these now and both work perfectly.

After upgrading two TVs it became apparent that neither had RCA/phono outputs for sound, only optical/Toslink outputs, so I bought this item as a DAC to convert the sound to analogue so it can be played through a stereo system. I particularly like that it comes with the optical cable, which saves having to order it separately.

Easy to set up, discreet and remarkable value for money, I wouldn't hesitate to recommend this to anyone looking for anything similar.
on 5 March 2017
Does exactly what I was hoping it would. Am able to connect PS4 Pro audio to an older BOSE acoustic wave system. Only additional purchase was a connecting dual cable for the analog output to the BOSE. (Red/White analog at both ends). Whilst the optical connection from PS4 to the converter may not be entirely "snug" I've had no issues. Not given 5 stars as the length of the cabling will probably require you to find extensions if your components are far apart from the plug or each other.
on 17 March 2017
This little device saved my Christmas pressie from being a waste of space. It was a doddle to connect to the TV - worked straight out of the box and the sound from the soundbar its attached to is top notch.
on 9 March 2017
Works very well; a simple and effective way to add a 3.5mm jack to a TV and enjoy retro console gaming without disturbing the better half; what's more, the power cable can just go into the TV. It's important to note, however, that if your headphones lack volume adjustment, you may need to buy such an intermediary cable as the optical output volume cannot be changed via the source (or it couldn't in my case). Feels very sturdy, too.
on 1 July 2017
Thank you for a great product which allows me to use my wireless headphones with my new TV which does not have a 3mm headphone jack, only an optical one. So this was a brilliant find and the sound is great.
on 21 March 2017
As with the other reviewer, the volume is so low that it is useless. I am using it with a Samsung TV. I thought maybe the USB power was too low out of the TV and used a full 2.3AMP USB mains charger but no dice, such low volume out that the stereo/amp has to be cranked up, which makes it a serious issue when you change inputs on the stereo/amp.
11 Comment|Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 5 April 2017
I bought this as my nice new Samsung TV only had a digital sound output and my old Bose sound system had an old type 3.5mm input. Now I can happily use both together.
11 Comment|Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 6 April 2017
Brilliant piece of kit. Got an old sound bar this let me connect it to my digital box. Well worth it.
on 11 June 2017
Good item, good value . Had a product problem on my second purchase of this item, I was sent a defective item . But overall a good product.