on 24 February 2012
Seemed to be the best designed product available at the moment so even though I don't have an iPhone it got it anyway.

Can happily confim that this will work fine with a range of smartphones, not just the iphone.
I have used it with a Sony Ericsson Xperia play (very large body phone) and also with a HTC desire S (relatively small body phone) and it worked equally as well with both.

Using your touchscreen through the clear plastic front takes a little getting used to. It is difficult for example (in Android) to drag down your status bar or hit first time your tray icons. Not impossible just a little tricky at first.
As I really just use the music player while riding, along with a Sony Ericsson MW-600 stereo bluetooth headset, its a perfect solution.

I use Poweramp as my music player for a good number of reasons but what I like about it in regards to this product is that it allows you to configure the player so the screen will not time out and you only need to swipe across the middle of the display to switch tracks. No trouble at all doing this even through the clear plastic screen.

I know its a little battery intensive to turn off the screen timeout but with brightness dimmed and as long as your ride is short enough, not really a problem. And I do this for good reason.

Forget about using any of your side buttons or screen lock button. This is this products only big flaw. Not impossble to use them but nearly. I'm not sure how they could have overcome this issue given the neccessities of the design, but really once I got my apps set up the way I wanted them, then this became much less of an issue.

My only other concern with this item is the mounting bracket. Not the most robust and seems a little bulky for what is required. It elevates the phone further away from the frame than I would like and in doing so is a little wobbly while your riding down the road. Especially with heavy phone like the Xperia play. You might want to pack it away if your offroad. For street though it is fine.
Has a habit of slipping down slightly regardless of how tight you fix it to your bars. Nothing major.

Have heard people say that their phone flew off down the road after hitting a bump and while this has not happened to me yet, I can see how it could happen.

Still, Pros outweigh cons IMO so would still recommend for now until something better comes along.
on 12 November 2013
So the case is great, has padding to support the phone, the water tight zip works (tried this in a sink of water, not a drop)
I have the HTC One X which is quite a large phone and it fits even within its rubber normal case. You can also use the touch screen through this case.

The mount on the other hand is not big enough to fit any bikes. the standard handle bar is 31.8mm, it will not go around this, however, i took the little screw out, put it in the biggest setting i could then ran a few Zip ties around the mount and handle bar, this worked fine. As the case is quick release you can just leave the mount on the bike, i doubt it will get pinched. It also stays in place perfectly in high winds and at speed (30-35kph) Phone never moved once.

I can be worth this for the case over others, but it is kind of annoying that it wont go around anything. ( i have 3 bikes and it wont fit any of them) so 3 stars.
on 25 November 2011
Great if you use your mobile to navigate. I cannpt believe I spent months cycling without that gadget. Since buying it, I do nto get on a bike without it. Good value for money.
One little problem i had with this is that the zip end broke off after a few times I used it so it is a little tricky now to open and close it.
on 11 July 2013
Does the job it is made for at a great value price. iphone fits snugly and securely and is kept dry. I have used the case on both mountain bike with narrow bars and on my road bike with 31.8mm bars and works of on both.

The only reason I have not given 5 stars is that the zip seems very cheap and i am concerned it may not last that long. Still good value at this price.
on 13 January 2016
The first time I zipped it up with my Xperia M2 inside, the seams on one side split open. The case was not big enough. I can't comment on its usabilty beyond this since it clearly wouldn't have been waterproof with split seams - I didn't want to risk it on the bike.

I asked for and received a refund.
on 1 July 2014
Used it several times now, mostly in fair nice weather but got caught out one day with rain (. Not a deluge but rainy all the same.) and item worked as advertised kept my phone dry. The iPhone holder easily detaches from the bike mount via a toggle. Been over very bumpy ground and mount and holder havn't come off yet so very pleased with item. Also the bike mount is easily removed to put on another bike ( I use a couple of bikes Mountain bike for off road and cycle tracks and a road bike ) without any tools as it's just a Knurled bolt. Overall really pleased.
on 13 July 2013
The casing has various foam pads included so that you can get the fit just right. I have a wallet style accessory, with credit cards etc, for my iPhone and it still fits in - i just use less of the foam support.

Fits to the bike very easily, unclips even easier and has a firm ball and socket system so that you can get the position you want - it stays in place very securely also.

Great value and good build quality - I would strongly recommend.
on 27 January 2014
After trying different cases, this case is by far the most practical. Easy to mount and the case can also be used during running and other sports. Because it is water resistant, you can also put your debit/credit card and driving license in it, and some money.

Very good value for money!
on 14 October 2011
I bought this so that my iphone would remain dry whilst out on my bike. Attached to the handlebars it also means that you can hear and/or see it when people send messages or ring you. It has kept my phone dry during quite heavy downpours (as long as you keep the case zipped up!). The see through portion allows you to control you phone screen without opening the case (good for GPS maps). The rear view camera also works quite well through the transparent section and the mount can be turned so the phone is facing in the direction of travel. If you remove the case from the mount a lot, I don't know how long it will still hold securely because I do not remove the case but I think it is a really handy iphone mount.
on 6 July 2013
Just about squeeze an iP5 in (without a case), although you can't bring it all the way up to the plastic (within about half a cm). But I'm using it to write this review (slowly) so it is useable. No instructions but simple to figure out.
Arrived within estimated time.