Format: Kindle Edition|Change

on 23 July 2014
I actually skipped Book 2 (Now and Again - which was Layla's story) - but it did not spoil the book.
However, this book started with Em owning and running a cupcake bakery - which I thought really strange as previously art had been her life and in particular painting - during the whole book there is no reference to art or painting, which previously had been her catharticism, but then nothing - that's one of the reasons for not giving full marks - sorry if that's lame!
Em and Cole are continuing to be in love.
I actually didn't care too much for Layla in Book 1 - but loved her relationship with Ben - she was a much less high-maintenance character, something or someone had grounded her.
Another weak point was the angst that Em developed with her parents - in particular her father. Whilst her relationship with her sister was the angst element in Book 1 - there had to be a shift in this book, as the two sisters were getting on famously. So her mum and dad, to whom she has a very close bond, turn against her and Cole for being pregnant, out of wedlock?! I mean come on, we're not in the dark ages! The religious and strict nature of her parents beliefs were not revealed at all in the earlier books, so I was surprised that they took such a stance this time.
Anyways, I actually think I might have missed a trick with swerving on Book 2 as Layla and Ben seemed great fun.
Get all 3 books if you can.
on 29 April 2014
heart felt and moving,

we've all had that crush on the boy who wont look our way,

Amazing story and writing from Brenda the story is mesmerising from start to finish I really enjoyed it and hope you all do too
on 17 May 2015
I loved this book all this book all throughout because I found it so sweet and funny and romantic. This book also made me emotional because there were a lot of tears and problems but the couple's compromised especially ben and Kayla when ben would be angry with Kayla but still told her that he loves and misses her.
on 11 September 2014
Have really enjoyed this series, I don't normally buy the next book immediately but just had to find out what was next in this tale of the two sisters and their respective men. Ok the story is seemingly run of the mill but they are so well written they really make enjoyable reading. I don't even normally even read this genre but I am so glad I downloaded this. Great holiday reading!
on 30 May 2014
well what can I say, I'm a romantic at heart and love a good ending even if it's only make believe. The rivalry between sister's and how in the end there's nothing more important than family to bring people together. I enjoyed all the books and can't wait to download more books by Brenda Rothert. Well done to a superbly written romantic novel with a hint of humour.
on 29 March 2014
I really like the two central sisters in this series, their relationship is probably recognizable to most women who have sisters. I like the ordinary every day struggles that they have to navigate, most of us will have experience with at least some similar situations. There is also some properly laugh out loud dialogue dotted throughout!
on 26 April 2014
This is book 3 in trilogy...Wow what an was just so real you could actually see these characters as real people in life you don't get that in many books. The writing is fantastic so good that I will be re reading these books. I'm not giving anything away just buy them
on 31 May 2014
Loved it, Brenda has a way of writing that you can relate to the characters. Emma and Cole are sweethearts. Layla and Ben are also well suited but Layla is the pig headed one in this relationship. I have enjoyed the three books in this series well done Brenda.
on 11 May 2014
Another well written brilliant storyline .Fabulous strong characters developing their personalities, once I started reading it I could put it down. This book is part of a trilogy try and read the first and second book in the series first
on 17 June 2014
liked the way you got so involved with the characters, feeling that you actually knew them as friends at the end of the book. Good story lines, but feel the happy endings were a bit glossed over, overall a good holiday read