HALL OF FAMETOP 50 REVIEWERVINE VOICEon 22 July 2014
I should point out that these cartoons are for adults as they contain more mature type humour, so please don’t download this for your children. There is a lot of scatological humour here so if that offends, then look away. Best viewed on a tablet device you get on average two illustrations to a page, all in colour.

Mainly centred around cows there are a few other types in here as well, after all where there are cows there are flies, due to the amount of dung produced. There are a few sheep jokes here as well, and you will never look at Lady Gaga in the same way again when you see her sheep equivalent. Most of the pieces here are single frame, except for when you come to ‘Dung or no Dung’ the fly game show of choice, this carries on for a few frames.

These do become rather infectious after a while and you will have a chuckle or two looking at this, but of course we will all have our own favourite jokes from this book. One with a cow eating and the noises it makes made me think of my family at meal times, and I particularly loved the only cow séance I have ever come across.

I will admit that as we all have a different sense of humour to a certain extent some may find all this a bit crude, but there are some really inventive cartoons here, and you do have to wonder where the author came up with some of the ideas from.
2 people found this helpful
on 1 January 2015
I quite like cartoons as a quick diversion and this was O.K. It was a free book and I would consider buying more of his work. Some of the jokes did fall a bit short of the mark; as though the cartoonist had to have done a set amount to fill the book. Others were very funny. A couple are overly explained instead of allowing the reader to think about it for a second and "get it". Indeed the best one in the collection has one word and no explanation; just a dismayed cow staring at the Pearly gates with a cattle grid before them. Download it, have a wee giggle while having your morning coffee.
on 23 July 2014
I smiled once in the 10 minutes it took me to thumb through this book (Irish Chickens). I quite like toilet humour, but the joke here soon wore very thin indeed.