on 18 March 2014
This is a great guide to making your life simple and releasing day to say stresses that come along. The book is laid out really well and will help you to be more productive in your life. Really great book!
on 16 March 2014
I've practised meditation on and off for several years -so am always interested in a new book on my favourite topic - especially if it keeps things simple. I think Jon Kato's book does that. It does I think get to the essence of Zen - as much as you can in words. Be here in the moment. Still the mind. Wake up!

As Kato says this is not quite as simple as it sounds. But (and here's the optimistic bit) you will get some benefit even if you will get some benefit even from a taste of stillness.

If you are new to meditation and Zen I would recommend this book as a good introduction and motivator to get meditating.
on 21 August 2014
Really enjoyable read. I have been interested in buddhism for a bit and I am using it as much as I can to better my thinking which betters my days. Well written and cheers you up if you are feeling a little low. I read in one evening and found it hard to put down it was so pleasant. I highly recommend this book to anyone no matter what you beilieve in
on 13 June 2015
A great book that talks about the spiritual gaps in our lives, The book is well written and very informative about both the history and practice of Zen. There seems a lot of books about Zen on the market but this is one of my favorites. If you’re looking to get into some meditation practices right away, I’d check out.
on 27 March 2014
I really enjoyed this little book, and intend to read it once again. Plenty of good insights. My only complaint is the poor introduction with typos. Needs a 'rewrite, perhaps?
on 14 September 2014
A very nice introduction.