on 12 March 2016
A great book with an interesting insight into medical procedures and psychology. I was initially convinced that this had been written by a doctor. Started extremely well, but the action and suspense was good throughout. There was always a new twist around the next corner. This is a rare type of book, one that is never boring. I am only surprised it did not attract more reviews. The strory centres around doctor Jemma Sands, a woman whose life will never be the same again, once she saves the life of a patient injured in a car accident. Her world soon collapses around her as her marriage, her love for her son and her very sanity are tested to the limit. A fast paced read.
on 1 May 2017
Not much that is medical, and even less thriller. No idea how a woman intelligent enough to become a doctor coud possibly be so stupid. She just lurches trustingly from one ridiculous, dangerous situation to the next for no reason but blind stupidity. It had started quite promisingly, and I tried to persevere. I struggled on as far as 75% of the book, but couldn't face any more. It was so predictable, I probably didn't need to anyway.
Very poor.
on 4 April 2017
Contains too many errors, i.e. major ones like the gender of a baby – when Toppy was 6 years old, we had another baby, a boy this time. – I put the baby in her pram out on the balcony.

Too far fetched, not a medical thriller apart from the fact that the MC is a doctor.

Weather conditions are mixed up, one minute she is in thick snow, then she is in thick fog and then it clears and then she goes back to snow.

Disappointing.
on 31 July 2017
Kept me on the edge of my " bed"!I could not put it down -an awful lot of " plot" that somehow gelled . Mr. Tim Adler had my mind in bits -Believable characters ,both good and bad . The research done for this book must have been very time consuming. I have been unable to do anything ! but keep reading .10**********! The relevance of modern History that was slipped into the narration made the novel all the more real .
on 19 August 2017
This was a great read and as others have said had many unexplained twists and turns. I shall be reading more from this author. I couldn't wait to get back to the next chapter! Thank you.
on 12 July 2017
This is my first book by Tim Adler and I found it enjoyable. It is fiction. It is not true to life. It is easy to be critical about how these books are written but everyone has their own style. I found it gripping and interesting and although not true to life I gave it 5 stars. Simple.
on 16 November 2017
I found the story absorbing and did not guess what where it was leading. the climax was well constructed and satisfying.
on 3 October 2017
Really impressed with this book by Tim Adler. Fantastic storyline and characters. Can't wait to read more of his work
on 10 May 2017
First time I've read anything from Tim Adler & I found the story gripping, plenty of twists. Couldn't put it down at the end.
on 23 July 2014
This is a gripping book that has you turning the pages with many twists and turns. Maybe it is a bit far fetched at times and their are a significant number of typing and grammatical errors but less than I would expect for a free book. I will certainly be looking for further books by this author.
11 Comment|Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse