on 15 June 2014
As you would expect this jacket is excellent not just for summer but all year and also for hill walking in all weather. If you choose he right size and use the layering system it's all you need. I have had several paclite jackets over the years and used then in Wales, Peak District and Scotland in some severe weather with no real problems. Only comment I would raise would be the length of the jacket, for the hills and when it's very wet the jacket could do with another few inches in length
on 9 February 2016
I work outdoors. On Saturday I was wearing a 'waterproof' coat which in actual fact acted liked a sponge and soaked the water up and I was soaked through by the end of the day.

I wore this jacket on Monday under the other jacket, the weather was dreadful but at end of day I was dry.

The fit of this jacket is small, I did consider exchanging for a large. Also this jacket offers no warmth.

Looks good and pockets useful size. I would buy again.
on 1 September 2015
Recently bought one of these as a replacement for a decade-old packable Berghaus waterproof.

Size (XL) is great for 6ft 3, 14 stone me, plenty of room for layering and is long enough in the body and sleeves for me.

Packs down to a very small size, which is just what I want for shoving in a rucksack on those "will it, won't it?" days.

Worn out in a couple of heavy showers so far and did its job: kept the rain off without over-heating me.

Will report further after up-coming trip to Scotland...

ETA This jacket has now been worn in several downpours and hail showers and has kept me dry through all of them.
on 14 February 2017
I have had a more traditional Paclight anaorak for over 10 years, my wife still uses her original Paclite anorak from probably two decades ago though she also has a less well worn one a few years old. Despite their lightweight construction, they stand up to everything from dog walking to Lake District hill walking. I have bought this one to use in towns and gardens, etc. as it is tailored rather than being somewhat voluminous in order to accommodate multiple layers being worn underneath, and facilitate rather more energetic activities where freedom from restriction is crucial.
0Comment|Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse
on 11 September 2014
This jacket is brilliant! I bought one originally for holidays because it's so light in weight and packs down into the supplied tiny stuff bag. It's windproof and totally waterproof and breathable, so you don't suffer from internal condensation. I thought I would use it only as a summer jacket, but, with a sweater underneath, it's also great for winter use. Just make sure you never leave it anywhere by accident; you'll never get it back: that's why I'm buying this replacement....
on 30 August 2015
This jacket was to replace one that was a size smaller (that was too tight on my arms). I swapped an XL for a 2XL. AThis one fits fine and gives me a bit more space in the body so I should be able to protect my camera as well. I should add that I have quite muscular arms otherwise the smaller jacket would have been fine. It is well made and very light and compact, just what I was looking for.
on 26 October 2015
Excellent wind and rain protection after atrocious 50mph wind and horizontal rain in Snowdonia this weekend.

Invaluable scrambling & alpine waterproof being very lightweight and packs down small. Kept me 100% dry and protected from the wind. Did its job perfectly.

Be aware this is simply a goretex mac with zero thermal insulation though.
on 8 July 2016
Brilliant lightweight waterproof. Has slightly longer back length to front so equally good as a cycling jacket especiLly if you wZnt to save weight on tours. Stores in a tiny mesh bag taking up little space in your rucksack.
on 25 September 2016
Good product, purchased as a present. It was very well received.
The jacket can be folded an carried in its own pouch.
on 23 October 2015
These jackets are great. this is the 3rd one Ive had now. If anything the sleeves are a tiny bit long but its not a problem. the colour is more red than orange and is a great contrast to the grey. Waterproof, windproof and breathable. Well worth the money.
0Comment|Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse