Customer reviews

From Eden EP
Format: MP3 Download|Change
Price:£1.89

TOP 500 REVIEWERon 23 April 2014
I came across this guy by accident and was blown away by the depth and soul in his voice, the richness of the lyrics the stripped, compelling sound. Love the chain gang feel to Work Song. A singular and different talent, I've played these 4 tracks over and over.
on 30 May 2014
Cerys Matthews introduced us to Hozier, bless her! I really enjoy his strong vocals and it's nice to hear someone who isn't interested in overproducing their sound. It's generally kept very basic, which suits the music. Reading previous reviews, I was disappointed that one of them would be so very unnecessarily critical - unless they've got some sort of personal beef with the artist... Anyway, ignore all that, and have a listen, I highly recommend it! Hopefully we'll hear more from Hozier in the near future...
on 25 September 2014
Well he goes my two sentences! Easily the best artist to emerge this year. Stumbled across him in an almost empty acoustic stage at Glastonbury. Such a humble guy. And saw him again in a nearly full John Peel tent that clearly took him by surprise. Wonderful soulful and deep voice. If you like the recorded music (whether on MP3 or SACD!) you will adore him live. Hairs on the back of the neck stuff. Yes, Fobyac25, trust your instinct and feelings and live your life how you want to live it, not how some troll says you should ;). In any event I am not sure I would trust an opinion of someone who gives Justin Bieber 5 stars. My only worry is that after the first brilliant album, the record company will force another album out after a year, like they usually do when trying to milk new talent. OK, so more than two sentences, sorry :).
on 5 June 2014
A new voice in the singer/songwriter arena destined for bigger things. Well crafted lyrics coupled with beautiful productions make this ep a tantalizing preview to a first album..
on 24 May 2014
My new favourite voice! Heard 'Take me to Church' and was hooked so bought this and adore it. You won't be disappointed.
on 15 March 2016
Great gutsy voice and love the sound but it's the lyrics that grab me, intelligent and self aware. He mentions James Joyce's Portrait of the Artist as an influence and I can hear a similar exploriation of crushing weight of Irish Catholicisim in his references to Eden, heaven hell and sin and sex. If he wrote a novel I'd buy it. He's a poet.
on 15 May 2014
I really appreciate being told what I like and what I don't like - I wish I could make up my own mind based on my emotional response to the sound going in my ears. I thought I liked Hozier but apparently I'm not supposed to..... shame.

Dammit, I didn't get past two lines. Oh wait, yes I did!
on 5 November 2014
After downloading his EP I was hooked. Absolute poetry, incredible soulful voice and great presence. Totally obsessed now, and bought his debut album to boot!
Can't get enough.
on 5 April 2014
Love this guy so so much! Already my favourite artist ever. Can't wait to hear a full album!! Beautifully moody and dark, brilliant songwriter, singer and musician.
on 19 April 2014
Hozier has the most amazing feel for music, a beautiful voice with deepth of feeling.
This is the one to chill too.