Shop now Shop now Shop now Shop now Learn More Shop now Shop now Learn more Shop Fire Shop Kindle Learn More Shop now Fitbit Learn more Shop now Learn more Shop now

Just love the fun side of the Bible! I used to use this when teaching different aspects of Christianity in Secondary schools. I am now teaching History but I still love the Lord's Prayer!

THE LORDS PRAYER IN COCKNEY!

Hello Dad
Up there in good ol’ heaven
Your name is well great and holy and we respect you guv!
We hope we can all have a butcher’s at heaven
And be there as soon as possible
And we wanna make you happy guv!

LoL

I hope my review has been useful. Please comment if there is anything I can do to make my reviews better! Thanks!
on 30 April 2001
Dear Mr. Coles. Just to say how much I've enjoyed reading the Bible in Cockney. Like the children in school, I found reading the Bible boring, but you have changed that. It makes it a lot more fun, and the illustrations are great. Even my Dad who's 83 enjoyed rteading some of it and is going to get a copy. Good luck to you with the book. Best wishes, Pat Arnott
on 29 July 2006
Well I never guv, this as got to be the best way of putting the Bible across to the Masses. it is both funny and educational with the highlight being the Cockney version of The Lord's Prayer.

Well done Mike

PS Don't forget to do your duty to both God and Man!
on 10 April 2014
A great book. It's fun but not offensive. I often use little bits of it to read to my church youth group, to get across familiar stories in a new way. But, even if you're not a Christian, the Bible is full of great stories and this is definitely a great way to read them!
on 30 June 2012
The Bible in Cockney: Well Bits of it, Anyway....: well written and compiled, brings the stories alive and up to date in a fun and unique way, great book bought as a gift but we sneakily read bits before wrapping it up and enjoyed it too!
on 19 October 2013
That is the first time I've met the cockney, not only short phrases, but whole sentences. I'm impressed. I've allways been interested in why Englishmen couldn't understend each other. Now i know why that happens.
on 6 August 2015
This is HILARIOUS - I have a colleague who is a cockney and get him to read it out; it's brilliant and so funny (and as long you don't get offended by the terminology given its subject, a great gift).
on 12 October 2009
Being an "east-ender" by birth, I thoroughly enjoyed this book, although some of the 'rhyming slang' was a bit up-to-date, and not as I remember it.
on 27 November 2013
This book is a gem! I love reading it to my kids! It is such a funny translation. Get it as a Christmas Present... someone will love it!
on 16 November 2011
I'm afraid to tell but the cockney phrases are not cockney. These seem to go against the cockney rules and regulations guide 2006 and so i feel undervalued by the whole scam of the book. It seems to lack the real essence of a normal cockney book and therefore the price tage seems a little too extreme. I shall not be purchasing any further cockney related items in the near future!