on 1 March 2017
This is my second BT Set Top Box I've purchased from Amazon in 21 months. The first one was £149.99 and this new one was £126.99. Because the original has just packed in after 21 months I've taken a £20 insurance policy with Amazon for a 4 year breakdown and accident cover on the new box. This set top box has everything I need to watch, tape and get on demand TV with only having freeview. But obviously I was very disappointed when the hard drive "went" on my original box. Hence only four stars.
I already have a TalkTalk Youview box but wanted one for the bedroom. I didn’t want to spend too much so decided to buy this BT refurbished model which is claimed to be as good as new, it is supplied through Amazon Prime so if there are any problems I can send it back without having to jump through hoops.
The box arrived the following day in a plain but well Packed box, it came complete with a coaxial cable, HDMI cable and a generous 10meter Ethernet cable, which you'll need as the unit doesn't have Wi-Fi.
Both the box and the remote really are like brand new with not a mark on them they even include the batteries for the remote.
In use the BT box works in a similar way to a freeview + and Sky+HD box and exactly the same way as the TalkTalk box where you can pause and rewind live TV. As well as catch up TV you can also stream many sky programs.
I’ve had this box for several months and so far I’m quite impressed, compared to my TalkTalk box its fast and virtually lag free I also think it has better picture quality in fact I like this box so much I’ve put it in the living room and have relegated the TalkTalk box to the bedroom. My one niggle is the remote can be fiddly to use, the navigation buttons are very close together and I regularly press, the wrong one.
If like me and you've left Sky this little box is a great option, you can of course watch all freeview and catch up channels free of charge but if you want to watch some of Sky’s channels you can still see many of them without a long contract for a fraction of the price.
on 6 March 2017
As good as any twice the price.
Everything is so simple to use.
Its just a shame you cant buy it wireless though, as connecting it via the electric plug route is very inefficient use of home internet. Nobody except Sky seem to offer wireless and thats a load of cash
on 29 April 2017
Once I got the remote control under conrol it is very easy to use, I only use it for recording programms etc, but if you use it to its full potential it is a realy good piece of kit. I would recommend this box to anyone, as a final note if you would like to record something in H.D it allows you to do this. Plus you get a 1 years warrenty on this product.
on 18 February 2017
Excellent multi-featured easy to use unit.
Could be improved with built in Wi-Fi
on 6 February 2017
Very pleased with this box. Much like a Humax (the maker?). And a good price!
on 12 April 2017
Bought the youview box to replace my elderly mother in laws old freebiew recorder. Said OAP is delighted with the easy to use interface and picture signal. Only took 10min to set up and works fine without internet connection.
on 28 January 2017
I bought this for my son for xmas he dosnt have internet but can still recored of tv its great he loves it great quality
on 10 April 2017
I would say to everyone get one of these of u watch Catch up. A one off payment and nothing else to pay and you get to watch the sets not just last 7 days. Mine was a refurbished one and you would never know!
on 12 April 2017
Don't waste your money. Only had this for 6 months. Picture constantly freezes. Today remote failed ( not batteries). Garbage