on 2 August 2016
I am a big fan of the Saturday sessions series of CDs and whilst I agree with some comments regarding the lack of vitality in this selection it has enough interest to keep me entertained. I enjoy the different styles it's what makes this series interesting, even a Mary Poppins song !!!
Also good to see this came with autorip not like the 2015 and 2016 versions which is so annoying for those who don't have the capacity to rip a CD themselves
on 17 January 2015
I was hoping that it would be like the Radio 1 Live Lounge sessions but not quite up to that standard. Despite this, some very good covers including The Boxer, Mr Writer and I'm on Fire. Happy with disc one but not very impressed with disc 2. Still - just a personal opinion and you may like it a lot more!
on 26 April 2014
The true strength of a recording artist is in their ability to sing live and make unconventional songs their own. This album does just that. To be truly appreciated, it must be listened to in the sun with grass between your toes. Glass of wine optional.
on 21 April 2014
Fantastic album, great tunes and some real surprises. Fantastic for easy afternoons lounging or while having dinner. I played it at my recent birthday party and everyone was asking where I got it from. You have to get a copy!!!
on 7 January 2016
I bought this, just to see if I liked Dermot's choice, as I enjoy listening to his Radio 2 Saturday show. There are enough songs on here to find something you like, and I wasn't disappointed. Great value for money
on 3 March 2015
Fantasic album.If you listen to his show on R2 on a Saturday night then you will know what I mean. The content is super and what's more the recording quality is first class. Well worth adding to your collection.
on 29 July 2016
If this is entertainment Dermot must have a sick sense of humour. By the time I got to track 15 I was ready for topping myself. Should carry a government health warning on the sleeve.
on 12 April 2014
I normally like the Saturday sessions and listening live to the mumbling Dermot, however this is a travesty of bad, painful at times, covers and acoustic versions of artists own songs. From the cat strangling London Grammar murdering Wicked Game, to the out of tune Biffy Clyro who defile Daft Punk I would only say to people considering this purchase to SAVE your money! A do not buy. :-(
on 3 April 2016
This was a bargain purchase as well as cd1 being my favourite of the two discs. Great tracks performed by great artists, you will be pleasantly surprised!
on 6 May 2014
A good mix of cover hits, another great CD good choices, some songs little dull for me but its a mix what can I expect. Certainly would buy the next one