on 15 February 2011
Have tried many different ski socks in the past and in comparison these socks proved to be comfortable and warm. They come nicely above the ski boot, don't slip down and I have washed them several times and they have kept their shape. All in all for the price, I was very impressed.
on 2 April 2015
Had a great week skiing in Alpes D'Huez in the last week of Feb '15 with these and some more expensive socks I borrowed from a friend (Salomon and a pair from Snow and Rock) thought I'd post my review and comparison.

I can honestly say these socks performed perfectly, I never had cold feet, they were padded enough, had a good fit, and never needed adjusting. The material of the sock is more flocked in the shin area with an extra layer of over stitching to provide more thickness, they are also re-enforced with elastic around the mid-foot (I've posted an image of the shin area with them turned inside out). They wicked away the sweat admirably and were never uncomfortable.

They have a good elasticity and kept their shape well too - as opposed to the expensive ones which have stretched permanently to my calf size meaning that I have now effectively bought those from my smaller calved buddy.

Pleased to have bought these socks, and once I've un-broken my collar bone I plan to do a lot more skiing in them :) They were even nice and snug on the long slow walk back from the medical center ;)
review image
on 21 October 2015
Really disappointed. Described as long length, in reality Socks length is well short of the knee and I only have short legs. I would describe as mid calf length only. Nothing like as long as they look in the picture. Also size is 7-11 and I am size 8 and the socks are tight. Oh well you live and learn. These are going in the charity bag .
on 21 January 2016
The description and photo for these socks are totally misleading. First of all the socks are NOT "Long style" at all. They came up my leg shorter than a normal sock. The photo suggests that they come up past your calf. I'm 5"10 and they certainly come nowhere near. Very disappointing. They were also very tight and were very tricky to get on. I've worn two pairs of socks together and the were both warmer and more comfy to wear. The price for these socks are far too high. I will stick to pairs from the local market from now on
on 11 November 2016
Bought for my son's skiing trip. They arrived today and are OK, he's a size 7 and they fit him, I wouldn't want to be a size 11 trying them. He's 13 and they don't reach his knees. Also one pair were different lengths. I was going to get 4 pairs but will look elsewhere.
on 19 February 2011
These are a double pack of great pairs of socks.

On my last skiing trip I got really bad blisters, but with a bit of extra care, and these comfortable socks, this skiing trip has been amazing.

Very long, you will need to fold them over at the top, unless you are a giant!
on 13 June 2015
i actually bought these for my dog.

he doesnt wear them, although im sure he would look great in them. I bought them because he destroys every toy we give him but ski socks seem to last quite a long time so these are definetaly good durability since hes chewing on them throwing them about all over the house.

bought them at christmas and he is still on the first pair.

im sure using them as socks are great too.
on 27 January 2011
I ordered these to use while skiing in the Les Deux Alpes in France. I'm a size 8 and they fitted very comfortably and provided supported in all the right places. They kept my toes warm for most part however at the very top of the peak they did start to become cold but considering the price they performed well and would definatly recommend.
on 12 March 2012
You get what you pay for with these, they are warm, but they are thick. If using rental boots these will be fine and good for those on a budget. However, if you have tight fitting boots these really are a bit too thick.

I now use them with my wellies instead and they are comfortable!
on 18 November 2015
I bought these to test a pair as optional walking socks for colder weather, but they're as long as I'd expected when seeing the illustration, which appears to suggest a knee length to wrap you up snug against the cold.

This is more mid-thigh length and doesn't even reach the top of my calf, so it's always at maximum stretch at the top - most likely to slide down rather than stay up over long use.

Might be good for a lighter walking sock not in deep winter. Good for heavier ski/sport use when you're building up a sweat.

See one answered question