Format: Kindle Edition|Change
Price:£0.99

on 31 March 2014
It explains how and why Lee Harden, the protagonist in The Remaining series was shot in the head by Eddie Ramirez sent from the Green Zone to retrieve the GPS (giving the whereabouts to the supply bunkers) and ends with Abe and Luke setting out from the Green Zone to intercept Eddie and as we know kill him. It is short, as is the nature of a novella but it does tell us a little more about Abe and the President who will both surely feature in the fifth book.
on 22 April 2014
A n interesting background story about Abe Dharabie who features in the main Remaining series. It does throw some light on why he decided to leave the comparative safety of post to join Lee Harden.
I have thoroughly enjoyed The Remaining series of books and look forward to Book 5 which is due out in Spring 2015. I wish it could be earlier.

AnOn
on 26 March 2014
D.J Molles is fast becoming my favorite author. The main series of his Remaining books are fantastic, and this is no exception to that trend. Lee is mentioned only in passing, focusing instead on his friend Abe Darabie, who has been promoted and placed in command of the Project Hometown soldiers. Abe is a very interesting character, as he is a lot like Lee, but is in the government controlled area, or Green Zone as the novella calls it. This means that he has to deal with higher ranks, and politics which he eventualy discovers to be a lot dirtier that he imagined. This novella explains the decisions that Abe makes in The Remaining: Fractured well, as well as getting in his mind. The action is well written, and different as Abe has air cover and more technology at his disposal than Lee does.
Also, there are some unsettling comparisons to the Middle East, not only with the Green Zone, that make the story seem more real and humanized, a skill that Mr Molles is fast becoming an expert on. However it is a short read, so don't expect a fully blown book.
on 8 April 2014
I like the idea of a side arm to the story but was disappointed with the news that the Remaining series is a long way off its next installment. These novellas will not suffice or satisfy fans of this story. However, Molles is a fluid writer and even a short story reads well.
on 30 April 2014
I did enjoy reading about Abes side of things and thought it was an integral part of the story however I have to agree with alot of other reviews I have read for this instalment of the series

This book was far too short and could very easily have begun like this and then picked up the remaining storyline to give us a proper book rather than just a selection of teaser chapters or at the very least had Abes full story to pad out a book

That said the writing was as great as usual and I did very much enjoy this segment despite its lack of length

Now to wait a year to read the next bit
on 16 July 2014
...nice back ground filler - the one thing I did not get from the main novels was how a Coordinator could turn against the rest of his team - explains the back ground nicely, and sets up the next stage of the story - so again....hurry up and write it Mr Molles...we are waiting (smile).....
on 26 March 2014
I love this series, my only complaint is that this story isn't long enough! I have so many questions that will hopefully be answered in book 5. Cannot recommend this highly enough, it is well written with characters that you really care about. The story is gripping and fast paced. Waiting impatiently for the next instalment.
on 30 March 2014
Thought I had bought the next edition in the series
Note to self, check number of pages before buying along with readers reviews, something I do for new books but not a series

Read the entire series again to refresh my memory in anticipation of this book

Yes it lays the groundwork for future books but that is all
on 13 May 2014
Kinda short but this book makes you see things from a different angle, Lee has got a big fight coming from a source even I didn't see as a threat, can't wait for the end of may, solid writing thanks Mr Molles keep up the good work.
on 4 April 2015
Ignore the negative reviews, this is a novella!!! Not a full instalment of The Remaining.

If you like The Remaining, you'll like this.