Customer reviews

Format: MP3 Download|Change
Price:£6.69

TOP 1000 REVIEWERon 11 August 2017
I listened to this group in a friend's car as he gave us a lift from the airport, I am always on the look out for new music, good new music, as I tend to fall to what I know and listen to the same artists, the same material over and over and over again, sometimes this is fine but I think everyone seeks something fresh too.

My immediate impressions were that I had to have heard this before, firstly, because it had a sort of familiarity about, like an older style of music, I'm sure from quite when or by who, secondly, I simply loved it, there was real passion in the vocals, it seemed absurd and fun, like other artists I've liked before who were very different, in fact, I dont hesitate to say different altogether. In addition to the vocals, which I loved, and the lyrics I couldnt quite make out completely and understand on the first listening (could have been the volume on the CD player), it was also like some other synth wave things I had been listening too (although dont get me wrong I wouldnt call them synth wave).

When I said to my friend I thought I'd heard it before he told me the band had been on Later With Jools Holland, I hadnt seen it but I did see them on TV a short time afterwards and decided to definitely buy their CD on the strength of the single performance. My friend said they have a sort of mad passion or style live/on stage and I would agree, I'm not sure if it all comes across on the CD but enough does. I thought it was optimistic and had an upbeat vibe, even the tunes which seem to be striking more of downbeat or "I'm hurting" tone are not the sort of thing to strike you down and out with depression. Should you listen to those and fine they are downbeat they are accompanied by plenty that strike the opposite note.
on 13 June 2017
Fantastic album, such a unique sound as is Sam Herring's voice. First see them on Jools Holland and was instantly hooked! Sam's performance and dancing is mesmerising. ABSOLUTELY BRILLIANT!!
on 8 June 2017
Great CD. Great artist love his music. Fabulous.
on 21 July 2017
Fantastic - slightly 'darker' - LP from FI. ...and what a cover design: worth buying on 12" vinyl for that alone, but the music is great and it's a good pressing unlike some modern offerings.
on 21 March 2017
Every single track is phenomenal. The energy pours off them. You'd be mad not to buy this.
on 23 July 2017
Best album this century
on 20 August 2017
Great cd
on 24 March 2017
on 21 June 2017
Husband loves it, I like it!
on 1 April 2017
What a great album. Love the bass sound as well as the lead vocalist.