Customer reviews

Format: Kindle Edition|Change
Price:£4.25

on 13 June 2017
There's something about this author that gets to me every time. Here we have a complete rat by the name of Breckin, and one of the sweetest guys ever in Tracy, who is one of three brothers that have such a strong bond and love each other to bits, which made me absolutely melt. Trace comes home unexpectedly and finds Breckin with another man, and promptly kicks him out. After being apart for four months Breckin's back and wants Trace back, at the same time there's someone who's trying to kill Trace, but he has no clue why. I could go on, and on with this story, but do yourself a big favour and read it
on 4 March 2014
I just love MC's stories. Yes some of the characteristics of the "main men" are similiar in most of her books but so what! The story in each is always exciting and her way of words just satisfying. I could read a book a day but alas I have to make do with a book every few month...LOL. Her books are worth every penny with a decent lengths (unlike so many other books in this genre) and storyline, always a happy ending (sigh) and a feel good buzz left behind. She is the only author of whom I re-read ALL books frequently...ok often. Just love her books and hope her creative juices continue to flow for many, many years to come. I salute you Mary Calmes!
on 9 March 2014
4.5 Stars
Another Mary Calmes book.....life is such a chore.......NOT!!!

So this has the dreaded cheater in it. Don’t let that put you off reading it though as it has so much more than the devious Breckin who can’t keep from dipping where he shouldn’t. Karma is a bitch as they say!
This book really does have everything. It has Tracy who is fun, self deprecating and so very kind. It has Breckin his boyfriend who is good looking, suave and a cheating horror bag. It has Cord the self proclaimed man whore who has changed his life so he stands a chance of getting what he wants. It has Celia who claims it was an accident but who I personally think is a devious moo. It has Dimah who should really get his own book and who may or may not be in the Russian Mob. Lastly it has the two hot brothers Alex and Evan.
Tracy meets Dr Breckin Alcott when he is trapped in a car after a crash. Two years later the pair are living together and talking about marriage when Tracy arrives home early and catches him in a very compromising position with another man. Four months later and separated Tracy is quite sure the relationship is over but Breckin is like a dog with a bone and just won’t let go. What is it that Breckin sees him in?
When Tracy is shot at in his work place it brings all the characters in the book out to play. Breckin turns up at the hospital because he cares...eugh. Alex turns up in angry big brother mode along with his best friend Cord. Tracy and Cord have a strange and tense relationship. They bounce insults off each other constantly but there is always an underlying tension between the pair. Dimah is Tracys business partner and friend and very protective. He is a huge bone of contention with the rest of the family but that won’t keep the man away when his friend has been injured.
The plot is clever and twisty and just as I was sure it was going one way it went another which kept it interesting to read. I loved that the very thing that Tracy wanted so badly was under his nose the entire time but he didn’t realise until he needed to feel safe.....then it became so obvious he was left in awe that he hadn’t previously realised.
I loved how supportive the brothers were and how they each filled different rolls to each other. Tracy was lucky to have such support and understanding. The side characters add a lot to this story and some of them deserve their own stories.
This book is a real lesson in how looks and actions can be deceiving!
on 3 November 2014
There's just something about Mary Calmes' books that put me in a good mood. The characters are thoroughly likable, the plots, although a bit unlikely, don't push us totally beyond our limits, and the writing is polished. All in all, a winning combination. 'Floodgates' is a stand-alone novel, so far, at least, but it could easily be the beginning of a really appealing series. Tracy is a sweetheart, Cord is as sexy as hell and the supporting characters are charming - I would love to know more about Alex, Evan and the Russian contingent.
on 14 April 2014
I have lots of Mary Calmes books and I think they're all great, this one was no exception. Great story, good plot and I didn't want to put it down. I really love the way she makes her characters interact, they way friends would snipe at each other and back chat, she has that down pat. You're left wondering who the bad guy is right up until the end, but as soon as he's introduced you know its him, nevertheless its a particularly absorbing read.
on 8 August 2014
Enjoyed this book but felt that it was set in a different universe to the one I live in - one where two men can have heavy snogging sessions in public and no-one seems bothered. Also felt that Tracy thought and behaved more like a girl than a boy in some ways. This is always a danger when a writer is trying to get into the head of her/his opposite gender. So, although it was okay, I didn't think that this book is the writer's finest.
on 12 March 2014
I love this book,couldn't put it down,great story. I want my own cord x x will read more from this author x
on 15 July 2014
another great read by mary,she sure knows how to write and it has a good balance for me.it's an investigator who finds his man after playing the field for a long time.as usual there was the right amount of elements in the story that just keeps you hooked.
on 5 May 2014
I have a massive soft spot for the 'brother's best friend/best friend's brother' theme (Bear, Otter and The Kid etc.) with great characters and a great plot - this book did not let me down on either front. Highly recommended.
on 4 May 2014
I've loved reading Mary's books after reading Change of Heart, and I'm happy to say, I'm hooked.
Another great book, hopefully one of many!